Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances of getting NYU to up my scholarship after coming off wait list at SLS  (Read 687 times)

decidingagain

• View Profile
I've never posted on here before but figured I'd present my situation as I am completely unsure as to how it will turn out. I was set to go to NYU but I just came off the Stanford w/l. I'd still rather take NYU(from NYC area) but Stanford offered much more money to my surprise. I've appealed to NYU to up my scholarship in light of the Stanford offer. Any have an idea as to what my chances are for getting more $ from NYU at this point? And yes I am sure many of you consider me an idiot for turning down Stanford with money.

abacab44

• View Profile
    • Email
First off, i dont think youre an idiot at all. If youd be happier at NYU you'd be happier at NYU. I turned down Duke for Fordham cause i thought id be happier there. As far as the money goes, you may get NYU to give you more, but from what ive heard they arent one of the greatest schools when it comes to negotiating financial aid/scholarship offers, particularly this late in the game.

abacab44

• View Profile
    • Email
First off, i dont think youre an idiot at all. If youd be happier at NYU you'd be happier at NYU. I turned down Duke for Fordham cause i thought id be happier there. As far as the money goes, you may get NYU to give you more, but from what ive heard they arent one of the greatest schools when it comes to negotiating financial aid/scholarship offers, particularly this late in the game.

decidingagain

• View Profile
Yea I have not heard many tales of their generosity but I'm hoping that my willingness to turn own big money at the higher ranked and more prestigious school will give me a good chance.

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I'm NYU '11. I would guess that the money is all gone at this point. Personally, I'd take stanford over NYU. Not because the weather is really nice or anything like that, but because stanford is a really big deal. Small class, incredible reputation, etc.

OnTheRoad

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Though obviously, it wouldn't hurt to ask NYU for the money.