Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Top of T3  (Read 857 times)

killjoy26

• View Profile
Top of T3
« on: July 08, 2008, 09:26:01 PM »
I posted this on the general board but thought it might be more appropriate here...

Hey all -
I wonder whether any of you have experience or knowledge about how the top students in TTTs pursue the SA process. I have been fortunate to end up in the top 5 percent of my east coast TTT class, and am interested in exploring my BigLaw options, if I have any. My TTT is a specialty school, so I have that going for me I guess, but I'm generally clueless as to my prospects in the major markets. Thoughts? Advice? Other people in the same boat?

Thanks in advance...

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: Top of T3
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »
 Congrats! Have you spoken to your career services office to see what info they have on previous high ranking people getting SA gigs?
Columbia 3L

lawmama09

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Top of T3
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:36:07 PM »
I am in the top 5% of my T3 class and had multiple SA offers from the largest firms in my secondary market city, as well as the one I took, which is at the local office of a large national firm. Our career services office actually has a lot of resources for the top 25% of the class, everyone else ends up getting screwed.

A lot of it probably depends on your market, my school is well-respected in the local area so if you're highly ranked, there are jobs out there. If you are in a market with a ton of higher-ranked schools, it may be tougher. Find out from career services where they have placed people before and where your alumni went. That might give you some ideas. Good luck!