Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for top 10 LLM programs  (Read 4620 times)

pdp3com

• View Profile
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for top 10 LLM programs
« on: July 08, 2008, 08:16:04 PM »
hi everyone,
i was curious what the admission requirements are for schools such as berkeley, UofChicago, Michigan, and the like for LLM programs.
I'm currently pursuing a JD.  i heard that most programs are basically for international students, so i was wondering what they expect out of JD students.
things to consider,
1. GPA
2. activities
3. work experience

Thanks a lot.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for top 10 LLM programs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 08:55:17 PM »
There are actually only a few LLMs just for foreign trained lawyers, those that teach you about the American legal system. The rest are to specialize in something like Tax or Environmental. Its pretty much based on your law school GPA, it helps if you have interned/worked in your specialty area, or published in it. Check the schools you are considering websites for LLM programs, they likely give you a better idea. The one Iím looking at (actually a JSD) basically told me they base their decision on your law grades, publications personal/interest statement. But its not from a top school since only one school offers it in the whole country. 
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.