Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Housing/Apartment suggestions  (Read 3377 times)

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Housing/Apartment suggestions
« on: July 08, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »
I am growing impatient with OU and the waitlist and will be traveling to Fayetteville in the coming weeks to search for an apartment. 
1.Any tips on places to avoid?
2. Would like to bike/scooter to class so distance is important.
3. Would like something newer vs. older.  Price is important, but I would gladly pay an extra $100 a month for something new/newer.

I know Fayetteville pretty well but I have never lived in an apartment and as such need some advice in the area.
University of Oklahoma '11

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Housing/Apartment suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »
I am growing impatient with OU and the waitlist and will be traveling to Fayetteville in the coming weeks to search for an apartment. 
1.Any tips on places to avoid?
2. Would like to bike/scooter to class so distance is important.
3. Would like something newer vs. older.  Price is important, but I would gladly pay an extra $100 a month for something new/newer.

I know Fayetteville pretty well but I have never lived in an apartment and as such need some advice in the area.

Let me know if you still have any of these questions. I've lived here for 4-5 yrs now so I could probably help you out.

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 05:40:08 PM »
Thanks.  I actually went over to Fayetteville this morning to look at properties and settled on a townhouse north of campus.  Eagle and Oakland.  Decent place plus it has a 2 car garage which will help me by not having to get a storage unit... 

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:51:17 PM »
Thanks.  I actually went over to Fayetteville this morning to look at properties and settled on a townhouse north of campus.  Eagle and Oakland.  Decent place plus it has a 2 car garage which will help me by not having to get a storage unit... 

Well forget the scooter you can walk from there, no? Well good luck!

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 05:55:07 PM »

Yep.  The S-10 and the Vespa are gonna get mighty lonely come late August....  In other news my gasoline budget on the excel spreadsheet just got reduced to zero.

SEC_2L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 06:00:19 PM »

Yep.  The S-10 and the Vespa are gonna get mighty lonely come late August....  In other news my gasoline budget on the excel spreadsheet just got reduced to zero.

That's HUGE! I work in Bentonville (For another month or so) and gas is eating my budget alive!