Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: repeat course: speceial circumstance  (Read 1048 times)

WashLaw

• View Profile
repeat course: speceial circumstance
« on: July 08, 2008, 05:04:52 PM »
From what I understand, LSAC counts both grades from repeat courses. But my circumstance is a bit weird. Freshman year I took 1st year latin and got strait As. Well, there was a schedualing conflict the following fall and I ended up not taking Latin all that year. When I signed up for 200-level latin my junior year, I realized I forgot everything. So I went back retook my 100-level classes (getting all As again). So my question is, will i now have 2 years' worth of As on my LSDAS GPA? I'm also wondering if I should talk to my school at all because they're being very strange with the whole calculating the repeat into my GPA thing, or does that not matter to LSDAS at all?

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: repeat course: speceial circumstance
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »
From what I understand, LSAC counts both grades from repeat courses. But my circumstance is a bit weird. Freshman year I took 1st year latin and got strait As. Well, there was a schedualing conflict the following fall and I ended up not taking Latin all that year. When I signed up for 200-level latin my junior year, I realized I forgot everything. So I went back retook my 100-level classes (getting all As again). So my question is, will i now have 2 years' worth of As on my LSDAS GPA? I'm also wondering if I should talk to my school at all because they're being very strange with the whole calculating the repeat into my GPA thing, or does that not matter to LSDAS at all?

As far as I know, as long as your school has it on your transcript as a grade, it counts.  Why didn't you audit it? 

WashLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
1. I honestly didn't think of it
2. From what it looks like the repeat is actualy helping me GPAwise so it's win-win

As far as I know, as long as your school has it on your transcript as a grade, it counts.  Why didn't you audit it? 

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 05:25:29 PM »

2. From what it looks like the repeat is actualy helping me GPAwise so it's win-win

Definitely!  I'm surprised that your school counts it twice, but good times for you!  I just can't see the LSAC calculating repeats only if the original grade was bad, I think you'll be golden.  I was just curious about why you wouldn't have audited.