Law School Discussion

good class ranking at 2nd Tier?

Budlaw

• View Profile
Re: good class ranking at 2nd Tier?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
A couple of points: 

1) Most people on law review at a Tier 2 are ranked higher than top 25%.

2) Please, if you don't go to a tier 2, please don't try to comment on their job prospects. Also, don't post on them if you are going to attend a tier 2, but haven't went through OCI because you are a 0L or are a 2L who just finished their 1L year.

3) Finally, I think its pretty comical that most of the people who comment on these things attend schools which are ranked in the Tier 1 or T14. You people have no qualifications whatsoever to comment on a Tier 2 grad's starting salary. All you are doing is passing along hearsay that you either read on this board or heard about from someone else.

A tier 2 school is NOT a tier 3 or tier 4 school. In general, the job prospects from them are much better for someone who wants to go into private practice. Especially private practice in a larger city. Its the grads who go to smalltownlaw and into government work that bring down the "average" starting salary of those schools.

So much disinformation floats around on this board.  ::)

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »
Naw, I've met plenty of new grads to confirm the conventional wisdom.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2008, 10:37:18 AM »
Judgment not Judgement

Budlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »

Like I said, hearsay.  ;)

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 03:49:25 PM »

hope you're right. If you've seen the movie Rules of Attraction, I read JDUnderground the way that the girl looks at her venereal disease book before going out.

Budlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 05:29:50 PM »

hope you're right. If you've seen the movie Rules of Attraction, I read JDUnderground the way that the girl looks at her venereal disease book before going out.

Awesome movie by the way. Dawson's a drug dealer, Boone's gay, Jessica Biel's a whore, and Fred Savage is a wierdo heroine addict. Awesome.