Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Low LSAT high GPA  (Read 1958 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Low LSAT high GPA
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
Retake the LSAT or aim lower. Except for your LSAT, everything looks pretty good. However, your LSAT will bury you.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:06 PM »
Retake the LSAT or aim lower. Except for your LSAT, everything looks pretty good. However, your LSAT will bury you.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Speedzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Illinois College of Law - 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 02:52:19 PM »
Good luck on getting an eleven point jump on your LSAT.  It just does not happen.  Unless, you completely bombed the first test for some reason (i.e. you were way too nervous, you couldn't concentrate, etc...).  Small LSAT improvements are possible.  I would not go into the test thinking you will improve your score by more than 5 or so points (unless it fits the criteria mentioned above).  People who have ridiculous jumps in the LSAT scores just completely screwed up the first time.

I went up from high 140s when I started to a 167 on the actual test.  I just studied my ass off.  Again, this guy has good grades at a good school in a hard major.  If he works for it he'll do fine.

whoknows123

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 12:36:26 AM »
I think it's important to clarify my last quote.  I did not mean to say that significant increases are not possible, only that they are not common.  I would venture to say that the average test taker's score does not fluctuate more than 5-6 points with each testing.  Also, for every person that posts on this board and says they scored more than ten points higher, there are 10 more who scored lower the second time around.  Study hard (timed, full length tests) and good luck.  A small improvement (5 points) will work wonders for your chance of admission to most schools.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »
You guys have been very helpful :). Anyone elses thoughts on chances at Santa Clara or Franklin Pierce?

dude.  retake.  you're an engineer.  you can do better.

eta: I mean, if you realistically got into the high '60s you would have a decent shot at Boalt (UC Berkeley School of Law).  I hear they know a thing or two about IP...
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.