Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: removed  (Read 1221 times)

sabre

• View Profile
removed
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:03:40 PM »
removed

FatUncle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: test PDFs anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:15:57 PM »
I dunno.  I find it hard to believe that every person who ever downloaded any piece of information off the internet illegally is a scumbag. 

Really though, do you know what a torrent is?  I suspect if you were to find out you'd be able to find a lot of what you're looking for.

fsohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 07:19:54 PM »
I wonder if what the OP is requesting is really so serious a breach of copyright law anyway.  Part of the reason TM is so expensive is because of their licensing of test materials.  If my instructor didn't lie to me, I have every published LSAT question ever made in my old TM books and additional materials.

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »
thanks for the tip FatUncle

closetskeptic: ever heard of a victimless crime?

Try that defense at your character & fitness review! :D

fsohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:25:13 PM »
If it is a licensing issue, then he has already paid for some kind of license for the questions with his TestMasters course.  The remaining issue are whether or not he retains that license after the test is over (I printed out all of my bonus practice stuff, so I have them at least) and whether or not he has a license for the questions organized in test form.  That seems to be the main issue to my ignorant self, and I am probably running roughshod over a half dozen legal issues, at least.

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 10:41:44 PM »
What is up with the nerds on here? You are not going applying for a job on here. There is  no big deal in getting PDFs. Its a great way to study because you have copies. Its not illegal to have copies if you have the hard copy. This way you can redo games mutiple times or look over tough questions on your computer with a clean  test.

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 10:44:08 PM »
If it is a licensing issue, then he has already paid for some kind of license for the questions with his TestMasters course.  The remaining issue are whether or not he retains that license after the test is over (I printed out all of my bonus practice stuff, so I have them at least) and whether or not he has a license for the questions organized in test form.  That seems to be the main issue to my ignorant self, and I am probably running roughshod over a half dozen legal issues, at least.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the issue is more whether or not his "license" for the prep tests ended when the prep course ended.  I know the media is different, but it's kind of like when a school issues limited licenses for software that's needed for a particular class.  It's meant to be time-sensitive.  And, because s/he no longer has physical copies of the prep tests, I would think s/he'd have to buy another license.  You can't go into a store and demand another copy of a book you once owned just because you've lost it.  You lost it, and the license went with it.  Furthermore, if TM didn't issue hard copies, they likely meant for it to be this way.  You know, a way for them to say they offer so many prep tests without having to pay for making the hard copies (cynical, I know ;)).  Anyone out there have another view to offer?

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:09 PM »
What is up with the nerds on here? You are not going applying for a job on here. There is  no big deal in getting PDFs. Its a great way to study because you have copies. Its not illegal to have copies if you have the hard copy. This way you can redo games mutiple times or look over tough questions on your computer with a clean  test.

Sabre doesn't have the hard copies, he's looking to download them for free.  Also known as pirating to us nerds. ;)

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the issue is more whether or not his "license" for the prep tests ended when the prep course ended.  I know the media is different, but it's kind of like when a school issues limited licenses for software that's needed for a particular class.  It's meant to be time-sensitive.  And, because s/he no longer has physical copies of the prep tests, I would think s/he'd have to buy another license.  You can't go into a store and demand another copy of a book you once owned just because you've lost it.  You lost it, and the license went with it.  Furthermore, if TM didn't issue hard copies, they likely meant for it to be this way.  You know, a way for them to say they offer so many prep tests without having to pay for making the hard copies (cynical, I know ).  Anyone out there have another view to offer?

LSATstruggle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

Sabre doesn't have the hard copies, he's looking to download them for free.  Also known as pirating to us nerds. ;)

Its illegal to drive 40 in  a 35. Do you do it? Do you pay for all your music? Its a lawschooldiscussion website. If he can save 100 dollars getting tst why not?