Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Review - How stupid was it not to petition for law review?  (Read 8642 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Law Review - How stupid was it not to petition for law review?
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 05:45:27 PM »
Haha. Do I sense some jealousy? Or have you just learned when to shut your mouth? Check my past posts. I haven't been on here long, but I've discussed clerkships before. Thanks for playing!

Wait is this where I'm supposed to be impressed? Cuase I'm not feeling it for some reason.
Who are you?... Just feeling lonely and wanted to join?

Matthies is everywhere.  He's in the birds, the trees, even the air.  Sometimes you'll see him, sometimes you won't, but he's always watching you.

<--- is omnipresent
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
Haha. Do I sense some jealousy? Or have you just learned when to shut your mouth? Check my past posts. I haven't been on here long, but I've discussed clerkships before. Thanks for playing!

Wait is this where I'm supposed to be impressed? Cuase I'm not feeling it for some reason.

Matthies is everywhere.  He's in the birds, the trees, even the air.  Sometimes you'll see him, sometimes you won't, but he's always watching you.

<--- is omnipresent

wait.  i thought you were omnipotent.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 05:48:15 PM »
this got pretty funny.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

Sell Out

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bienvenido al Terrordome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »

<--- is omnipresent

Can't it be both?
Rocking in the free world.

UH 2010

T2Loser

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 06:00:03 PM »

no, the rolly-eyes --  ::) -- is indicative of disbelief.

so you have a history of making things up.  that proves what again?   ???

ps.  the  ??? is indicative of questioning.
I understood what the rolly-eyes meant. My point was that I shut you up & you had no real response. All you could say is, "I bet you don't!"

Feel free to question me all you want. It's just because you can't stand to be beaten. I've engaged in real discussions on here about the clerkship application process & my experience with it. You can call me a liar, but it is only because you feel intimidated. Bye!

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »

no, the rolly-eyes --  ::) -- is indicative of disbelief.

so you have a history of making things up.  that proves what again?   ???

ps.  the  ??? is indicative of questioning.
I understood what the rolly-eyes meant. My point was that I shut you up & you had no real response. All you could say is, "I bet you don't!"

Feel free to question me all you want. It's just because you can't stand to be beaten.

beat me?  you cant even properly quote me.

I've engaged in real discussions on here about the clerkship application process & my experience with it. You can call me a liar, but it is only because you feel intimidated.

of course i do.

Bye!

promise?

JD

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2008, 06:10:58 PM »

<--- is omnipresent

Can't it be both?

Agreed. I mean would not my omnipresence by its nature infer that I am omnipotent? I mean if I can be everywhere all the time then am I not also part of everything, thus having dominion over it all? The question then becomes if one posts a lameass comeback in a thread thatís not funny, and I do not laugh, was it really a comeback at all? Did that tree falling make any noise if I was not there to hear it. I think not.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »

<--- is omnipresent

Can't it be both?

Agreed. I mean would not my omnipresence by its nature infer that I am omnipotent? I mean if I can be everywhere all the time then am I not also part of everything, thus having dominion over it all? The question then becomes if one posts a lameass comeback in a thread thatís not funny, and I do not laugh, was it really a comeback at all? Did that tree falling make any noise if I was not there to hear it. I think not.

i prefer to think of it this way:  if a man says something in the forest, and there's no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?

JD

Private David Lewis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »
I always figured the reason judges and employers liked people on Law Review or other journals was because they figure those people are willing to undergo excessive unpleasantness in the name of ambition? 
The main partner in their Entertainment Law group went to CLS, but he was Fiske and on LR, so be careful.  You don't want to set yourself goals that are too high.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »
I always figured the reason judges and employers liked people on Law Review or other journals was because they figure those people are willing to undergo excessive unpleasantness in the name of ambition? 

I think it shows a mindless devotion to tradition for traditionís sake thus firms are assured that you wonít think for yourself, youíll just follow the herd and do as youíre told. Breaking the mold or being original is bad for firm culture.