Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: advice please!! 165/3.95  (Read 958 times)

segovs47

• View Profile
    • Email
advice please!! 165/3.95
« on: July 06, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »
so i just got my lsat scores back and was a bit disappointed with my result: 165. my dream school had been michigan, but realize that acceptance there with such a low score (even with a 3.95 ugpa) is not likely. although i have done all the research with ugpa/lsat searches and looked at 25/75% ranges, i was hoping i could get some advice from people who have been through the process.
my short list for now includes notre dame, boston college, boston u, ucla, vanderbilt, and wash u (st louis). what are my chances here? especially with notre dame and vanderbilt? and are there any schools that ive missed that i should give a look? i would appreciate any advice i can get. thanks in advance!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: advice please!! 165/3.95
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 11:33:53 PM »
My take on your chances:

Notre Dame - Sporting chance.
Boston College - Probably in.
Boston University - Probably in.
UCLA - Sporting chance.
Vanderbilt - Probably in.
WUSTL - Sporting chance.

And for what it's worth, I think you still have a long shot a Michigan. Might as well give it a go, you only get to do this once.

If money matters, or if you're not a complete prestige whore, consider some lower ranked but still respectable schools. Lots of those schools would probably buy your LSAT/UGPA for a reasonable price. PM me if you'd like a list, I don't feel it necessary to bore the good people reading this thread.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:52:48 AM »
You have a shot at Berkeley (is it still called Boalt?). I know some people (more than one, anyway) who had a 3.9 and under a 160 on the LSAT, and they got in. Boalt is pretty GPA heavy for whatever reason.

baller1023

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:00:12 AM »
if michigan is your dream school, then i'd apply for the summer start program ED and hope to get lucky. it's worth a shot

RoumanCeSoiree

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:04:47 AM »
Vanderbilt has been VERY tough lately...
PLEASE 170 GOGOGOGOGO!

neennicole

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
    I had nearly your numbers this last cycle (166, 3.92) and your expectations should be that you will probably get into schools in the 20-30 range with a few exceptions (Notre Dame is particularly good at drawing qualified candidates for their ranking) and waitlisted at Vandy, UCLA, and Texas.  Wash  U I can't speak for.  I was waitlisted at those three schools with my numbers, but have gotten in off the wait list at all of them.  Think of 15-20 as reaches and t-14 as super reaches.  your targets should be in the 20-30 range and you'll probably get scholarship money at some of them.

AspenLizzy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:55:06 PM »
Yeah Michigan is a great school, but really who dreams of Michigan <---- Brrr.  This is coming from an Aspenite.