Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone else feel like they failed miserably this past cycle?  (Read 1155 times)

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm having a severe wtf did I do wrong and wtf should I do now moment.  The economy is poo, and the fact that I have a job right now should almost make me happy I'm not going to a lower ranked school, considering the dire straights many new lawyers are in on the east coast.  But I could always apply to cheap cheap schools like CUNY and basically go at night, and have 0 debt if I work during the day.

I'm so angry that I wasted the effort applying.  I mean compared to other scores here a 158 sucks, but on my LSAC report I placed 3rd or 4th in my testing center out of 50+...and I freaking spent money on courses and applying, and I hate wasting money.  I feel like I owe the money gods another go.

Or I could say F law, play a lot of video games and work out and learn the guitar, wait for the fiancee to get out of school, and go to school to teach latin to some kids who complain that it's a dead language.

Anyone else having an existential crisis?

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else feel like they failed miserably this past cycle?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »
I'm having a severe wtf did I do wrong and wtf should I do now moment.  The economy is poo, and the fact that I have a job right now should almost make me happy I'm not going to a lower ranked school, considering the dire straights many new lawyers are in on the east coast.  But I could always apply to cheap cheap schools like CUNY and basically go at night, and have 0 debt if I work during the day.

I'm so angry that I wasted the effort applying.  I mean compared to other scores here a 158 sucks, but on my LSAC report I placed 3rd or 4th in my testing center out of 50+...and I freaking spent money on courses and applying, and I hate wasting money.  I feel like I owe the money gods another go.

Or I could say F law, play a lot of video games and work out and learn the guitar, wait for the fiancee to get out of school, and go to school to teach latin to some kids who complain that it's a dead language.

Anyone else having an existential crisis?

Where does it say the bolded?

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »
I was mistaken, it was out of those who graduated my year from my school.  I tested at my school so it was an honest mistake.  Regardless, I know I dont have a special score, and Im just being a female dog,.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:06:10 PM »
Don't go to law school unless you want to be a lawyer.

But I could always apply to cheap cheap schools like CUNY and basically go at night, and have 0 debt if I work during the day.

If you do want to be a lawyer, I think this is your best option.  (Of course, rather than retaking the LSAT, but I'm not going to suggest retaking because that's the feminine hygiene product response).

If you don't get a good legal job, and if you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you could always move away from the city and hang a shingle.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 01:31:24 AM »
I say apply again next cycle, but cast a wider net. Consider some schools in the South, Midwest, and Mountain West. I'm almost positive you could have made it to Denver, Miami, and Ole Miss with your numbers, as well as many other fine schools in other regions of the country.

And in the mean time, you can still male private part off for the next year.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »
julie has had fantastic cycle.

Steve Jones

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »

Nobody wants to hear about your PMS, Ms. Coulter.
We have many people from your state that attend our school!

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »
Also, get new recommenders. I know it doesn't seem the likely cause to you, but I know your PS was fine, you aren't a felon--but you had very bad cycle. One of your recommenders might have screwed you.
CLS 2011

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »

Nobody wants to hear about your PMS, Ms. Coulter.

how could it be pms if fantastic?  but, then again, you obviously stranger to ladies' nether regions, so this figure.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »
Also, get new recommenders. I know it doesn't seem the likely cause to you, but I know your PS was fine, you aren't a felon--but you had very bad cycle. One of your recommenders might have screwed you.

Two people I really trust wrote them, professors with whom I've had multiple classes and went out to eat with.  This makes me feel very much more depressed.