Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.9/162=IU-Bloomington?  (Read 878 times)

moheqi

• View Profile
2.9/162=IU-Bloomington?
« on: July 05, 2008, 05:05:41 PM »
Hi everybody, this is my first post and for the record, I have posed this same question to another 0L law board, but have yet to hear any responses. I am hoping that some people here can offer some insight.

UGPA 2.9
LSAT 162 (only had the opportunity to prep for two weeks, will retake in December, as the October administration is not being offered in my location)
NON-URM/Non-Foreign born
3yrs WE

interesting softs, overseas work, foreign language fluency

On these numbers as is, what are my chances for admission to IU-Bloomington? Any insight? I've checked LSN, but no one with my exact numbers has applied.

Thanks again.

moheqi

• View Profile
Re: 2.9/162=IU-Bloomington?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:43:33 PM »
So no one has any advice, past experiences, or heard any blatant hearsay rumors that could be of some help to me?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 01:41:39 AM »
Your LSAT is solid, but your GPA may well kill you. That being said, IUB seems to be one of those schools that will take a low GPA just to get a high LSAT.

Are you an Indiana resident? That would probably help a little.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 09:07:53 AM »
Can't retake in another location? I really think it's worth a little drive if you can prep sufficiently well before October.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
For what it's worth, I was waitlisted there with roughly the same GPA and a few more points on the LSAT.

Ditto to jenesaislaw's point. Can you feasibly get to another test center and get a cheap hotel room forthe night before? The December test will also hold up your applications until after the new year. I'd look into this option and prep your behind off.

sofia455

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »
I agree that the GPA is a bit low for IU-Bloomington (see: http://www.law.indiana.edu/degrees/jd/index.shtml). Their listed median GPA is 3.4 and median LSAT is 164. A higher LSAT would definitely benefit you no matter where you apply, if you could pull it off. And it sounds like you are confident that you could.

Have you decided what you might do yet? Have you applied, or are you just wondering if you could get in?
Married w/ 2 kids
Philosophy Major/Business Minor
Graduation: May 2010
PTs:156[Aug08];
June 2009 LSAT: ---
UG GPA: 3.7

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 05:21:09 PM »
For what it's worth, I was waitlisted there with roughly the same GPA and a few more points on the LSAT.

Ditto to jenesaislaw's point. Can you feasibly get to another test center and get a cheap hotel room forthe night before? The December test will also hold up your applications until after the new year. I'd look into this option and prep your behind off.

Again, for what it's worth I got in off the WL at IU-B with a $20k scholarship with good terms.