Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 162, 3.75, where do I have a shot?  (Read 828 times)

artie123

• View Profile
162, 3.75, where do I have a shot?
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »
I prefer to be in an urban area on the East Coast--any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 162, 3.75, where do I have a shot?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:47:22 AM »
How urban and how far south are you willing to consider?

In the mean time, check out the UGPA/LSAT Search tool:

http://officialguide.lsac.org/UGPASearch/LSATGPA.aspx?ref=inline&sidstring=
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

artie123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 09:12:52 AM »
I'm willing to consider all range of urban environments. I would prefer to be in Boston, NY, Philly, or D.C. for law school, since I could see myself practicing in any of those areas, but I'm open to schools farther up and down the coast. Thanks in advance for the advice!

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 11:25:06 AM »
What do you want to do after law school?

How will you pay for law school?

Do you have any pre-law school debt?

In which state are you a resident?

artie123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »
Hi! I am currently a Pennsylvania resident. I have no outstanding debt, and I willing be paying for law school with loans. As for what I would like to do after law school, while I don't have any specific background in it, I am interested in IP law, especially copyright and trademark law. I'm willing to pay my dues at a law firm for a few years after law school, but I ultimately see myself as in-house counsel for a corporation in the future. By the way, I am currently a paralegal and by the time I enter law school, I will have had two years work experience.

Jmart603

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
Hi! I am currently a Pennsylvania resident. I have no outstanding debt, and I willing be paying for law school with loans. As for what I would like to do after law school, while I don't have any specific background in it, I am interested in IP law, especially copyright and trademark law. I'm willing to pay my dues at a law firm for a few years after law school, but I ultimately see myself as in-house counsel for a corporation in the future. By the way, I am currently a paralegal and by the time I enter law school, I will have had two years work experience.

temple (i think has instate tuition for penn residents), nova, cardozo, brooklyn, american, george mason are all pretty good matches. fordham and GW would be good reaches.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 08:46:20 PM »
BC and BU would be good reaches.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:08:26 AM »
Reaches:  BC, BU, Fordham, GWU part time, GULC part time.
Targets:  Cardozo, Brooklyn, Maryland, American
Safety:  St. John's, Seton Hall, Temple, Villanova, Penn State

If it were me, I wouldn't even apply to those targets.  I don't think they're worth full tuition, which is probably what you would end up paying.  If you don't get in to one of the reaches, stick with a full ride from St. John's or Seton Hall (respectively 15% and 9% of students have full rides) or a partial scholarship from Temple with resident tuition.

Outside of the East Coast, you could also consider Tulane and Arizona for partial scholarships.  Emory would be a good reachy target.