Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to study for October  (Read 1574 times)

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
Re: How to study for October
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »
BT,
according to your LSN you scored an impressive 170, unless you think/know that you will score in the 175+ I suggest you forget about taking it again A one point gain or even two will not be that big of a deal, in my un-expert opinion

Your LSAT is great and so is your GPA,

What exactly did you do to get a 170, which is my goal, I have almost a similar GPA? I need to know so I can reproduce that.
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

bt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »
Well, when I looked over my score report I saw three/four really silly mistakes that I should have not made.  I know nerves really got to me on test day, and timing was a problem for the first time in a long time, so I feel like I can improve at least two points.  In the age of the highest score, there is a pretty good difference between a 170 and a 172 at schools like NYU/Chicago/Columbia. 

As far as my prep, I read the Bibles (not the Reading Comp one bcuz it wasn't out yet) and took 7-53 preptests.  I was averaging around 173 and scored a 174 on my last preptest before the real thing.  I really do think the -3 on test day is something everyone should just assume to be true, and you should be getting well above what you're aiming for. 

At this point, I've done all of the preptests (except #1-6 which are super old but I just ordered anyways) and so I'm redoing a test a week, but giving myself 30 minutes per section instead of 35.  This is making me make mistakes, but hopefully I will improve my accuracy and timing with this new constraint.  I'll also be going over each problem on the test I take, over the course of the week...so not too heavy of a schedule, but enough to keep me hopefully improving. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 08:23:20 PM »
This sarcasm really decreases the value of an online forum. What happened to discussing the LSAT and studying for it?

lighten up, cupcake.  nobody took away any posts.