Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many miles for your big move?  (Read 8920 times)

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How many miles for your big move?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 10:46:32 PM »
I'll be making a lateral move in weather - from swamp to swamp.
Tulane c/o 2011

imwithhappy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 11:05:06 PM »
hoping to not move, OU is less than a mile away... ;D
if I don't get in off the waitlist then its 300 miles to Arkansas for me.

THE University of Arkansas or UALR? Either way, Arkansas is a pretty nice place with a low CoL. I liked it, personally. Great country and nice people.

THE U of A.  I know fayetteville well and have spent lots of time there over the years.  UALR was the ONLY school to reject me, kinda amusing actually.
University of Oklahoma '11

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 11:43:48 PM »
hoping to not move, OU is less than a mile away... ;D
if I don't get in off the waitlist then its 300 miles to Arkansas for me.

THE University of Arkansas or UALR? Either way, Arkansas is a pretty nice place with a low CoL. I liked it, personally. Great country and nice people.

THE U of A.  I know fayetteville well and have spent lots of time there over the years.  UALR was the ONLY school to reject me, kinda amusing actually.

Arkansas let you in but UALR rejected you? What kind of crap is that?

Good luck and have fun in Arkansas. I thought it looked like a really awesome place and I was seriously thinking about going there for a while this cycle.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 11:06:28 AM »
844 miles. From NYC to Georgia. Thank goodness for movers and a pool at my new apartment complex.

dsetterl

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 11:07:34 AM »
You could afford movers!!!!! Lucky dog, I called and the average estimate across state was like 3000 dollars. :(

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »
You could afford movers!!!!! Lucky dog, I called and the average estimate across state was like 3000 dollars. :(

Oddly enough, it's pretty much the same price as moving myself. Penske truck was the cheapest moving van at $800. That truck gets 8/mpg. 8! 844 Miles at 8/mpg and gas at the national average of $4.13 makes for over $400 in gas, plus tolls and such. It was about even so I figured I'd let someone else do the manual labor and save some wear and tear on my boyfriend's patience.

AmericanGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »
Moved in two stages - from DC to Michigan (for a job) when gas was $3.25 a gallon. In three weeks, I move from Michigan to Missouri, but gas is now $4.25 a gallon. I'm lucky I don't have a lot of stuff.
"Please stop using obscenities in front of these people, or I'll be forced to thrash you."

n/a

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 04:20:47 PM »
Moving myself 1500 miles in a ryder truck, towing my car... leaving in 3 days.  Speaking of which, I need to pack more :(

dsetterl

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 04:35:11 PM »
I just packed all my stuff last night.  ;) Now I just have to load the truck next week.

Moving myself 1500 miles in a ryder truck, towing my car... leaving in 3 days.  Speaking of which, I need to pack more :(

Thats almost 910 dollars in gas!!!  I feel bad for you! Makes me feel stupid for being mad just having to pay around 300 dollars in gas.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 06:29:58 PM »
Ooh!  I think I win this one.  Los Angeles to Boston - 3000 big ones. My boyfriend, my Rottweiler, and me.  In a Camry across the country.  Luckily family lives in St. Louis, so we'll stop there for a few days first.