Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which firms?  (Read 1264 times)

sage18

• View Profile
Which firms?
« on: July 04, 2008, 01:03:59 AM »
I'm choosing which firms to bid on for upcoming on-campus interviews, so a little advice on what firm is a "reach" and what is a "safety" would be much appreciated.  Ranges of Vault rankings would probably be most helpful.  I'm planning on staying in DC.
I'm betting my GPA (just under 3.6) puts me at about the top 20-25%, although I only know it's between 16-35% for sure. 
I'm on the International Law Review.  Thanks! 

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
Re: 3.58 at GW, which firms?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »
I'm choosing which firms to bid on for upcoming on-campus interviews, so a little advice on what firm is a "reach" and what is a "safety" would be much appreciated.  Ranges of Vault rankings would probably be most helpful.  I'm planning on staying in DC.

We don't hear about journals for another couple weeks.  I'm betting my GPA puts me at about the top 20-25%, although I only know it's between 16-35% for sure.  Also, I switched from PT to FT, do you think that will affect anything?  Thanks!

Think again, bud. Rumor is it's tomorrow.

sage18

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 02:04:22 AM »

We don't hear about journals for another couple weeks.  I'm betting my GPA puts me at about the top 20-25%, although I only know it's between 16-35% for sure.  Also, I switched from PT to FT, do you think that will affect anything?  Thanks!

Well sh*t.  I should not have said a "couple" weeks above as I had heard we'll find out June 12-13, but tomorrow would be all the better.  Thanks for the heads up and good luck to you!

TraciRai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »

Official word on the "street" (aka the portal):

Attention all participants in the 2008 Journal Competition:

The students who have been selected for membership on one of the law journals at GW Law will be notified by telephone on Saturday, July 12, in the early evening.

Jets

• Sr. Citizen
  • At least the Pats missed the playoffs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »

Official word on the "street" (aka the portal):

Attention all participants in the 2008 Journal Competition:

The students who have been selected for membership on one of the law journals at GW Law will be notified by telephone on Saturday, July 12, in the early evening.

Apologies for my misinformation. Today was the day notwithstanding what the portal says...if you made journal, you should have gotten the call by now.

(just kidding!)

GOOD LUCK!!!!