Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vanderbilt  (Read 608 times)

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Vanderbilt
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:47 PM »
I got my LSAT score, and I did way better than I expected- now, what was my number 2 school because of money issues has shot straight to number 1.  I have looked at lawschoolnumbers.com and that has really gotten me excited, but before I get way too pumped, I want to ask you guys who seem to be in the know- what kind of financial aid package would I be offered from Vanderbilt?

Here are my facts:
GPA: 3.94
LSAT: 169

Just based on that, what do you guys expect I would be offered?  Thanks in advance.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
Re: Vanderbilt
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 09:33:20 PM »
bump

LSN

Bungalow

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:29:34 PM »
I got my LSAT score, and I did way better than I expected- now, what was my number 2 school because of money issues has shot straight to number 1.  I have looked at lawschoolnumbers.com and that has really gotten me excited, but before I get way too pumped, I want to ask you guys who seem to be in the know- what kind of financial aid package would I be offered from Vanderbilt?

Here are my facts:
GPA: 3.94
LSAT: 169

Just based on that, what do you guys expect I would be offered?  Thanks in advance.

$20,000-25,000. Almost guaranteed.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »
Krusty, do you mean 20-25k annually?  That would be acceptable... I'm hoping that I will qualify for some of their need-based scholarships as well.

LSN

dekocards

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • stats
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »
I got $30k a year with lower numbers.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »
deko, did you end up going there?  How did that work exactly?  Did they just send you the scholarship package with the acceptance notice?  Any information you can provide at all would be really helpful.

LSN

dekocards

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • stats
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 11:16:05 PM »
deko, did you end up going there?  How did that work exactly?  Did they just send you the scholarship package with the acceptance notice?  Any information you can provide at all would be really helpful.

I decided to go to GULC, but it was close.  Vandy is great, and Nashville is a fun town.  I got the scholarship info several weeks after the acceptance package.  There was no separate application process for money.  With your numbers they will give you money.