Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The "I scored way below my practice range" thread  (Read 5327 times)

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The "I scored way below my practice range" thread
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »
yeah I definately think your approach is good if you have very little time. I guess my concern with the LSAT in terms of correlation is something that is brought up just recently in another thread, which is generally those with more money and with more access to prep materials and tutors do better. Though of course, these days with the internet, perhaps even this barrier is removed (ie one can illegally download prep materials). Anyway, I agree that we agree  :P

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 06:43:01 PM »
yeah I definately think your approach is good if you have very little time. I guess my concern with the LSAT in terms of correlation is something that is brought up just recently in another thread, which is generally those with more money and with more access to prep materials and tutors do better. Though of course, these days with the internet, perhaps even this barrier is removed (ie one can illegally download prep materials). Anyway, I agree that we agree  :P

One could make the same argument about undergrad GPA. I presume those with more financial responsibilities may be more likely to have lower GPAs than those without. Plus all the other stuff that can affect GPAs, like medical issues, etc.

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »
yeah of course, but one can get scholarships for undergrad but not for test prep materials. Either way, I feel people have answered my question so i'm not trying to create a counter argument

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »
Quick word of encouragement: I scored 10 points higher on my September retake after a lower-than-average June perfromance. I was ready for the June test, but I psyched myself out. I only took five or so practice tests between June and Sept. I wanted to study more for the Sept. test, but I didn't want to get burned out again.

Moral of the story: If you were ready but under-performed, you might want to take an LSAT breather before re-studying, and, even then, you might want to take it easy.

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »
Quick word of encouragement: I scored 10 points higher on my September retake after a lower-than-average June perfromance. I was ready for the June test, but I psyched myself out. I only took five or so practice tests between June and Sept. I wanted to study more for the Sept. test, but I didn't want to get burned out again.

Moral of the story: If you were ready but under-performed, you might want to take an LSAT breather before re-studying, and, even then, you might want to take it easy.