Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JMLS Academic dismissal: gripes and questions....  (Read 21427 times)

dsetterl

Re: JMLS Academic dismissal: gripes and questions....
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2008, 04:10:17 PM »

My property professor straight up told me that had I taken this same test and gotten the same score a semester earlier, I'd be looking at a C/C+ instead of a D.

jeffislouie:
 "For example, on one final, I got a C+.  When I spoke to the prof, he told me that the same score in his class the previous semester was a B."

Do you guys know each other or are in the same section?

classic695

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2008, 08:25:07 PM »
They're the same person.

My property professor straight up told me that had I taken this same test and gotten the same score a semester earlier, I'd be looking at a C/C+ instead of a D.

jeffislouie:
 "For example, on one final, I got a C+.  When I spoke to the prof, he told me that the same score in his class the previous semester was a B."

nachas

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 05:07:21 PM »

jeffislouie:

I actually know Jeff.  We didn't study together, but I have spoken to him before.  We spoke the other day about my issue and he also shared his experiences with me.  When I brought up LSD, he told me his username and we laughed.  It's interesting when an anonymous person becomes not so anonymous...

constable80

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
Just for the record, JMLS had an incoming class of 359 in 2010 and at the end of the year it was 341.  That is only 5% lost.  Don't believe everything you read on these message boards.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »
They tend to get their info from the ABA, you may want to try complaining to them.

Just for the record, JMLS had an incoming class of 359 in 2010 and at the end of the year it was 341.  That is only 5% lost.  Don't believe everything you read on these message boards.

constable80

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 08:24:39 AM »
Not complaining, just giving actual facts and letting people know that what everyone is saying about the amount of people dropped from Marshall is wrong.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2010, 08:48:14 AM »
Ever considered trying medical withdrawal or something similar because of the death in your family? Can't that be used as a viable excuse?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2010, 12:30:19 PM »
you'd kill your own family to avoid a day of school, DEAR GOD!!!!!! >:(

Ever considered trying medical withdrawal or something similar because of the death in your family? Can't that be used as a viable excuse?

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
maybe for secured transactions; while i would have only maimed them to miss, say, administrative law

non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »
 :-X

maybe for secured transactions; while i would have only maimed them to miss, say, administrative law