Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OBAMA a liar, vote for Nader if you want Change! List of Obama's Lies.  (Read 1409 times)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
it say volumes about your priorities that you not value knowledge of--includimng respect for--constitution in president.

and your admission that not even know what community organizing speak volumes, too.  it have do with understanding, and caring about, dynamics of lives of most americans.

and you know nothing about obama's legislative record, especially in illinois senate. 

but know why he really qualified?  he actually get few things need to be got.  with rare exceptiopns, obama talk us as though we not idiots who need be fed bull.  funny how mccain not know how give speech like that.

and he ging be next president, baby, so deal with it.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
If by "talk us as though we not idiots who need be fed bull" you mean "feed us bull as though we're idiots" then yes, I agree.  I personally appreciate how Obama's speeches offer nothing but vague generalities and trite peptalk expressions.  Makes me feel like he appreciates the intelligence of the American voter.

Obama '08
Slogans you can count on!

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
it say volumes about your priorities that you not value knowledge of--includimng respect for--constitution in president.

and your admission that not even know what community organizing speak volumes, too.  it have do with understanding, and caring about, dynamics of lives of most americans.

and you know nothing about obama's legislative record, especially in illinois senate. 

but know why he really qualified?  he actually get few things need to be got.  with rare exceptiopns, obama talk us as though we not idiots who need be fed bull.  funny how mccain not know how give speech like that.

I was being sarcastic "baby." Being a Constitutional law professor can show respect for the Constitution. However, most con law professors I know have their own views about the Constitution, and those don't always add up to what the actual substantive law of the Constitution is.

And yes, I know what a community organizer is. And it hardly has anything to do with caring about the "understanding of the dynamics of most american's lives." It has more to do about getting people to vote for your party or a union than anything else.

And yes, I have actually read up on Obama's Illinois legislative record. You do know that the man has one of the highest records of "present" on the controversial issues during his time in the legislature right?  

You think Obama doesn't feed people bull$hit? Ha! I suggest you really listen to his speeches. Its pretty much all form and no substance.

And what is Obama's record about "getting things done?" Or as you so eloquently put it "get things need to be got?" Not much of one at all. He's been part of the least effective Senate in history. He has no record whatsoever of reaching across party lines. (whereas McCain has a long record of that) But then again, Obama would actually have to case vote on bills in order to reach across party lines. Brilliant strategy by the way. If you never give a definite yes or no about anything, then no one can call you out, and then you can post mortum read the polls about how you should feel on an issue.

Your blind following of Obama speaks volumes about you and your priorities. Still bitter about the defeat of the "Great" Al Gore? (and really, did you want him to be President? That's like a republican saying that Dan Quayl would have been a great President.  ::))

Come back and talk to me when you can form a sentence correctly, or at the very least, have a real conversation that is filled with some depth.

In any event, I've wasted enough time today. I have to study for the bar. By the way? Shouldn't you be doing the same? I mean you've been on this board for over four years now. Shouldn't you have graduated by now?

Oh wait...you actually have to have went to law school for that to happen. Not just spend all day on a discussion board speaking incoherently about crap you have no idea about.  :-*

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
No one has ever said Obama is the perfect candidate. He is a politican, after all, he is bound to be a little shady. I don't vote for him because he is flawless, I vote for him because his flaws are a much smaller problem, in my eyes, than the problems that will come with Mccain, who is somehow glorified as a war hero despite getting numerous men killed. On that note, I would like to ask this- to be a hero from a war, I feel like you need to actually do something heroic, not fail miserably, get people killed, and get yourself captured. Is mccain brave? Unquestionably, yes. Is he a war hero? Unquestionably, no.

more to point:  how do great grandpa mccain's war experience supposedly prepare him for presidency?

one would hope that at least he know suffering of soldiers, but that not reflected in either enthusiasm for war in general or support for better treatment of soldiers.

And how does Obama's non-experience in anything prepare him for the Presidency? He was elected in 2004 to the Senate, but since then, he's spent the majority of his time being a "rock star" and declining to vote on many issues on the Senate floor.

Maybe his days as a Constitutional Law professor prepares him to lead troops and the country? Maybe his days as a "community organizer?" (BTW, what kinda bs job is that anyway?) Maybe his days in the Illinois legislature? (not voting on the tough issues by the way)

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Obama has more actual experience with anything related to running this country than McCain does. All Obama has going for him is some good speech writers and good speech coaches. (the guy reminds me of a bad preacher)

Oh, and Obama has NO military experience whatsoever. I know his type. He'd scoff at serving in the Military, while at the same time ridiculing military people behind closed doors.  As a former Marine, I'll take McCain any day of the week. I know he's a patriot. And I'm not so certain about Obama. I think Obama's a patriot to the polls, not to the United States.

Experience means squat - no one has experience being the President other than the former Presidents; perhaps the closest thing is a CEO; Should we start electing CEOs?

Demur because McCain offers more of Bush's failed policies -

Patriotism is the last refuge of despots - it just distracts you from the issues.  I mean, how are you evaluating patriotism?  Didn't Franklin call criticism the best form of patriotism, or was that Jefferson?  Also, what does patriotism have to do with anything???  Oh, so wearing a pin means you are better suited to run a country? Perhaps one can love his country too much so as to be unable to see its faults.

Also, the republican party is estopped from trying to bolster its candidate with his military experience after they used Kerry's service to his own detriment against Bush who never served a day in his life and Cheney who had umpteen deferments. 

Obama is less like Bush than McCain and is the better candidate on that basis alone.
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
If by "talk us as though we not idiots who need be fed bull" you mean "feed us bull as though we're idiots" then yes, I agree. I personally appreciate how Obama's speeches offer nothing but vague generalities and trite peptalk expressions. Makes me feel like he appreciates the intelligence of the American voter.

Obama '08
Slogans you can count on!

you need do more reading.  when asked question, he often actually answer it.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile

and your admission that not even know what community organizing speak volumes, too. it have do with understanding, and caring about, dynamics of lives of most americans.

but know why he really qualified? he actually get few things need to be got. with rare exceptiopns, obama talk us as though we not idiots who need be fed bull. funny how mccain not know how give speech like that.

I was being sarcastic "baby." Being a Constitutional law professor can show respect for the Constitution. However, most con law professors I know have their own views about the Constitution, and those don't always add up to what the actual substantive law of the Constitution is.

And yes, I know what a community organizer is. And it hardly has anything to do with caring about the "understanding of the dynamics of most american's lives." It has more to do about getting people to vote for your party or a union than anything else.

And yes, I have actually read up on Obama's Illinois legislative record. You do know that the man has one of the highest records of "present" on the controversial issues during his time in the legislature right?

You think Obama doesn't feed people bull$hit? Ha! I suggest you really listen to his speeches. Its pretty much all form and no substance.

And what is Obama's record about "getting things done?" Or as you so eloquently put it "get things need to be got?" Not much of one at all. He's been part of the least effective Senate in history. He has no record whatsoever of reaching across party lines. (whereas McCain has a long record of that) But then again, Obama would actually have to case vote on bills in order to reach across party lines. Brilliant strategy by the way. If you never give a definite yes or no about anything, then no one can call you out, and then you can post mortum read the polls about how you should feel on an issue.

Your blind following of Obama speaks volumes about you and your priorities. Still bitter about the defeat of the "Great" Al Gore? (and really, did you want him to be President? That's like a republican saying that Dan Quayl would have been a great President. ::))

Come back and talk to me when you can form a sentence correctly, or at the very least, have a real conversation that is filled with some depth.

In any event, I've wasted enough time today. I have to study for the bar. By the way? Shouldn't you be doing the same? I mean you've been on this board for over four years now. Shouldn't you have graduated by now?

Oh wait...you actually have to have went to law school for that to happen. Not just spend all day on a discussion board speaking incoherently about crap you have no idea about. :-*

you rightwingers get testy as lose grip on power.

and you know nothing.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
you need do more reading.  when asked question, he often actually answer it.

For instance?

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Experience means squat - no one has experience being the President other than the former Presidents

and Hillary Clinton

Patriotism is the last refuge of despots - it just distracts you from the issues.

Then why are democrats so afraid of anyone questioning their patriotism?

Oh, so wearing a pin means you are better suited to run a country?

Apparently since Obama started wearing his again.

Also, the republican party is estopped from trying to bolster its candidate with his military experience after they used Kerry's service to his own detriment against Bush who never served a day in his life and Cheney who had umpteen deferments.

And the democrats are estopped from trying to criticize an opponent for not having any military service... and the beat goes on.

Obama is less like Bush than McCain and is the better candidate on that basis alone.

Obama '08
I'm not Bush

PS. McCain sucks just as bad.  Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Experience means squat - no one has experience being the President other than the former Presidents

and Hillary Clinton

Patriotism is the last refuge of despots - it just distracts you from the issues.

And the democrats are estopped from trying to criticize an opponent for not having any military service... and the beat goes on.

Obama '08
I'm not Bush

PS. McCain sucks just as bad.  Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

Hillary has experience being first lady - good for her

No one is afraid of being questioned on their patriotism any more than they are afraid of being questioned about their height. but my point is dude, that patriotism is so far off the mark that it only serves as a distraction.  Who cares if you wear a pin!

I dont think anyone should care about military service unless it was at the highest levels and wasnt completely bungled

And if you are less like Bush than McCain, then you are a better candidate too

When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

and Hillary Clinton

Obama '08
I'm not Bush

Hillary has experience being first lady - good for her

No one is afraid of being questioned on their patriotism any more than they are afraid of being questioned about their height. but my point is dude, that patriotism is so far off the mark that it only serves as a distraction.  Who cares if you wear a pin!

I dont think anyone should care about military service unless it was at the highest levels and wasnt completely bungled

And if you are less like Bush than McCain, then you are a better candidate too

A couple of points, and then I really have to get back to work:

1) When you are commander-in-chief, Military service does matter. A lot different than being a corporate CEO.

2) Getting shot down over Vietnam doesn't mean your service was bungled. By that standard, any soldier or Marine who is killed totally bungled his service regardless of whether or not he was Dan Daily to start out with. (Dan Daily is one of the highest decorated Marines ever - google him)

3) You're sorta right about wearing a flag pin as not mattering whether or not you are a patriot. (I think its a rather ridiculous measure of patriotism)However, don't act like its not a big deal, and then turn around and wear one once the polls tell you that you should. And if people questioning your Patriotism isn't a big deal, then why make a big speech about how you can still be a patriot and not have served in the Military? (like Obama just did the other day)

4) I don't necessarily think that McCain is the best possible candidate for President. But, I think he does have the necessary experience, and I do think that he really has this country's best interest at heart. And he's not Bush either. He's not McSame or McBush like the crazy lefty's like to say. (Oh and Bush was a fighter pilot in the National Gaurd - kinda like being the "manager" of a football team - but he did know something about the military - which Obama knows absolutely zilch)

5) I started out as a Republican, but over the years, I've become more and more a Libertarian. And Obama is about as far away from a libertarian as you can get. I don't see the point in the government interfering in my life by telling me what I can and cannot do if the Constitution doesn't give them that authority or its not been a power they've had since the founding. Which also means that I don't want regulations on me, and I certainly don't want to pay taxes so other people can just slide by in life. I also believe in a free market. So no thank you Mr. Obama and your unions, and your higher taxes, and your "universal healthcare." Stay out of my life. Don't tell me what I can and can't do with my money, and don't try to restrict any of the liberties granted by the Constitution. (and I mean granted specifically - so don't legalize things that have never been legal too: aka Gay Marriage)

6) I refuse to vote for a Libertarian candidate again, so McCain it is.

7) And Julie, I really hope you can enlighten me on how I "know nothing."