Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OBAMA a liar, vote for Nader if you want Change! List of Obama's Lies.  (Read 1375 times)

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
(1) Obama said during the primary season that he would vote to block blanket immunity for telecommunications companies in connection with post-Sept. 11 eavesdropping. Now that he got the nomination, he's announced he'll vote in favor of immunity.

(2) During the primaries, Obama said he would insist on renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement to stop Mexico and Canada from abusing the system to harm the American economy. Now victorious, he supports the existing agreement.

(3) While seeking left-wing votes for the nomination, he said he would meet with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad without preconditions. The nomination sewn up, he no longer has any such intention.

(4) Filled with primary fervor, he said he could "no more disown Jeremiah Wright than his own grandmother." A few months later, he disowned him.

(5) Obama pledged unconditionally that he would accept public financing during the general election while he was talking to left-wing voters who despise the "fat cats." Now that he's been anointed, he's rejected public funding.

(6) An editorial in the Post adds yet another: Obama promised during the primary season to participate in a series of inclusive town-hall meetings with his opponent John McCain. McCain is still ready to do it, but now as the front runner Obama is backing out like a cowardly and very common politician. Change you can believe in?

HE IS A FRAUD.
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
Yeah, let's vote for Nader.  I think all the Greens in Florida know how well that works out for "Change".

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yeah, or just throw it away, same difference
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

wannaB1L

• Sr. Citizen
  • Mike Nifong '08
    • View Profile
OK let's vote for a liar who has shady real estate dealings, then claims to have been naive, even though he went to Columbia (ivy) then Harvard Law, and was lecturing at Chicago Law School. Doesn't sound like he fell off the turnip truck to me.
a pirate's life for me.

SAVE THE WTO NOW!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
julie always enjoy seeing what mccain's inbred supporters try next.

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
the keating five.  just look it up.

bloomlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email
No one has ever said Obama is the perfect candidate. He is a politican, after all, he is bound to be a little shady. I don't vote for him because he is flawless, I vote for him because his flaws are a much smaller problem, in my eyes, than the problems that will come with Mccain, who is somehow glorified as a war hero despite getting numerous men killed. On that note, I would like to ask this- to be a hero from a war, I feel like you need to actually do something heroic, not fail miserably, get people killed, and get yourself captured. Is mccain brave? Unquestionably, yes. Is he a war hero? Unquestionably, no.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
No one has ever said Obama is the perfect candidate. He is a politican, after all, he is bound to be a little shady. I don't vote for him because he is flawless, I vote for him because his flaws are a much smaller problem, in my eyes, than the problems that will come with Mccain, who is somehow glorified as a war hero despite getting numerous men killed. On that note, I would like to ask this- to be a hero from a war, I feel like you need to actually do something heroic, not fail miserably, get people killed, and get yourself captured. Is mccain brave? Unquestionably, yes. Is he a war hero? Unquestionably, no.

Well, that begs the philosophical question: what is brave that isn't reckless?  I mean, it is irrational to put yourself in harms way, clearly, unless there is some other greater gain to be had, such as saving a umber of other people.  However, it is undisputed that Vietnam was not threatening the United States, so what greater gain was to be had?  Glory, honor, prestige, a run at politics maybe. 

I am not sure whether having a president with more military experience is a good thing or bad thing because will it give him pause before he send troops into battle, or will it embolden him because he did the same thing? 

As a person McCain is much more likable to me than Bush because I detect a level of maturity and sincerity that Bush doesnt have.  However, his policies are way too in line with Bush to be much better at running the country.
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile

more to point:  how do great grandpa mccain's war experience supposedly prepare him for presidency?

one would hope that at least he know suffering of soldiers, but that not reflected in either enthusiasm for war in general or support for better treatment of soldiers.

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

more to point:  how do great grandpa mccain's war experience supposedly prepare him for presidency?

one would hope that at least he know suffering of soldiers, but that not reflected in either enthusiasm for war in general or support for better treatment of soldiers.

And how does Obama's non-experience in anything prepare him for the Presidency? He was elected in 2004 to the Senate, but since then, he's spent the majority of his time being a "rock star" and declining to vote on many issues on the Senate floor.

Maybe his days as a Constitutional Law professor prepares him to lead troops and the country? Maybe his days as a "community organizer?" (BTW, what kinda bs job is that anyway?) Maybe his days in the Illinois legislature? (not voting on the tough issues by the way)

I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that Obama has more actual experience with anything related to running this country than McCain does. All Obama has going for him is some good speech writers and good speech coaches. (the guy reminds me of a bad preacher)

Oh, and Obama has NO military experience whatsoever. I know his type. He'd scoff at serving in the Military, while at the same time ridiculing military people behind closed doors.  As a former Marine, I'll take McCain any day of the week. I know he's a patriot. And I'm not so certain about Obama. I think Obama's a patriot to the polls, not to the United States.