Law School Discussion

Online Powerscore Class?

Go Gators

• I want my brother home form Iraq! I miss ya, Bro.
    • View Profile
Online Powerscore Class?
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:13:48 AM »
I just checked in my city (Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.) but Powerscore does not offer a full class here any longer. However, they do have an online class. I just watched a sample of how this works on their website that walks you through the first games question that appeared on the June 07 LSAT and was very impressed.

It is also cheaper (995.00 as opposed to 1000 +) so I was wondering if any of you have taken it? What your thoughts are? Should I go for it or not?  Also, can I take this prep class anytime (because I may not take the actual LSAT until next June)?

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
Re: Online Powerscore Class?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:32:31 AM »
It is also cheaper (995.00 as opposed to 1000 +)

You save at least $5????  Sign me up!

Go Gators

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
Yea, thanks for all the help Earl. >:(

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:41:51 PM »
I just checked in my city (Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.) but Powerscore does not offer a full class here any longer. However, they do have an online class. I just watched a sample of how this works on their website that walks you through the first games question that appeared on the June 07 LSAT and was very impressed.

It is also cheaper (995.00 as opposed to 1000 +) so I was wondering if any of you have taken it? What your thoughts are? Should I go for it or not?  Also, can I take this prep class anytime (because I may not take the actual LSAT until next June)?

I can't find it right now (LSD's search feature is notoriously bad), but there has been at least one thread on this previously.  I think it got a couple of positive reviews.  I don't remember anyone lambasting it.  If you are really serious about it, search back through this forum.  You'll find the thread.

I ended up studying on my own, but if I had been inclined to do a course (and were much more wealthy), that's probably the one I'd have chosen.  As you pointed out, it is cheaper, and it seems like the method was good enough quality to be profitable.

My one question was the amount of study material.  I could never nail down exactly what it contained.  Maybe someone else could be of service there.

Anyway, I hope that's at least marginally helpful.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:10:55 PM »
I liked it... fewer distractions...

Go Gators

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »
Hey Guvnro,

Can you expand on this a bit? What were you scoring pre-class and post-class? Can you discuss the amount of materials? The hours you put in to see those results? The best and worst aspects of the experience? This would help me out a great deal!

Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »
I'm interested in this as well.  What more does it offer than the Bibles?  Are there explanations for all the Logical Reasoning Answers.  That alone might do the trick for me.

Go Gators

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:42:08 AM »
It is interactive. They send you a headset and you watch (on screen) as they walk you through everything. The only difference is you can hear the people but not see the people. They also say that they ship all of the study materials to your door.

They actually have a sample video (which I thought was excellent) that walks you though the first game seen on the June '07 test.

Go here: www.powerscore.com  and look on the right side of the screen. The sample video is about an hour long. But, the guy really breaks down the game and I get the feeling that, if I do buy this class, my score should go up a great deal. Check it out and post your thoughts.

officeguy

• ? ? ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 07:40:48 PM »
It is interactive. They send you a headset and you watch (on screen) as they walk you through everything. The only difference is you can hear the people but not see the people. They also say that they ship all of the study materials to your door.

They actually have a sample video (which I thought was excellent) that walks you though the first game seen on the June '07 test.

Go here: www.powerscore.com  and look on the right side of the screen. The sample video is about an hour long. But, the guy really breaks down the game and I get the feeling that, if I do buy this class, my score should go up a great deal. Check it out and post your thoughts.

Tag

I also would like to hear from someone that has done this course before. I'm very much considering doing this course.

officeguy

• ? ? ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 08:23:28 AM »
Bump