Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 questions please: Time and Score/changes  (Read 709 times)

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
2 questions please: Time and Score/changes
« on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »
So I am studying for the Oct. LSAT and I'm taking the testmaster course(starts on July 28)

My two questions after self-studying is this:

Q1:I am slow as hell...how do I speed up and not run out of time, because I usually get most questions correct but by the time I'm at question 16/17 my 35mins is up...I'm getting discouraged and actually stuffed my face out of depression. SO not only I;m I slow, Im now 10 pounds heavier

Q2: How long does it take to start seeing improvements/results in ones score I'm not seeing anything great at all right now, even though I feel like I understand this stuff a lot more than I did when I took my first practice test in Dec (kaplan)

Side note: I have only been studying(semi hard) for a week, but still I want results NOW!!
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

sunglee

• Dash your curry like you not in a hurry
    • View Profile
Re: 2 questions please: Time and Score/changes
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:15:21 PM »
well thanks for the great advice...it should really help.. :-\
no-body expects the Spanish inquisition

yulechka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:43:36 PM »
1. Practice practice practice...

Buy Powerscore LR Bible. Its a life safer for people like me and you (im slow in LR too). Understand the questions and then go nuts with practice. Thats the ONLY way.

2. It depends...nothing more to say. What is your diagnostic? How often do you practice? etc etc

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 12:42:24 AM »
So I am studying for the Oct. LSAT and I'm taking the testmaster course(starts on July 28)

Q1:I am slow as hell...how do I speed up and not run out of time, because I usually get most questions correct but by the time I'm at question 16/17 my 35mins is up...I'm getting discouraged and actually stuffed my face out of depression. SO not only I;m I slow, Im now 10 pounds heavier

Q2: How long does it take to start seeing improvements/results in ones score I'm not seeing anything great at all right now, even though I feel like I understand this stuff a lot more than I did when I took my first practice test in Dec (kaplan)

Side note: I have only been studying(semi hard) for a week, but still I want results NOW!!

This might not be what you want to hear, but you need to work through tests for more than a week before expecting a jump in speed.  The good thing is that you're getting most of the questions right.  I think the best way to increase your speed is to just keep practicing, and focus on doing each question faster with each test (it's about as simple a strategy as there is).  If you're getting most of the questions right, do you need a prep course?  I don't know if a tutor would be good for helping you with your speed, but it might be something to look in to.  Good luck!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:29:01 AM »

well thanks for the great advice...it should really help.. :-\

You're too damn impatient.  You bumped your thread not even 15 minutes after posting it and you got depressed and discouraged after only a week of studying.  Give me a break.  You're going to be sorely disappointed if you seriously expect any real improvement after a friggin' week of "semi hard" work.  If this stuff were easy, everyone would do it, and your score wouldn't mean much.  Suck it up and put in a few MONTHS of SERIOUS effort before you start whining.

bravoballer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:51 AM »
Buy the Superprep book from LSAC and work through the questions one at a time. Do a question, check the answer in the back, and make sure you understand it. Work through those three tests, and you'll notice an increase in your speed. Speed is increased by understanding the thought process behind the question types, not by closing your eyes and clicking your heels three times.