Law School Discussion

ITT- Discuss How You Kill Time at Work

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: ITT- Discuss How You Kill Time at Work
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 04:12:10 PM »
I usually killed time by obsessively checking CNN, MSNBC and the BBC for news (sometimes I'd hit up the New Yorker too), and check my email every 10 seconds. The filter on our system kept us from doing much for fun. I couldn't even go on this site, they blocked blogs and message boards :-\

However, I do have a friend who has no filter and can chat on AIM and facebook all day. He also passes the time by jerking off in the bathroom when he gets bored. His job would be awesome.

not mention his forearm.

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 05:21:59 PM »
In no particular order:

1) LSD
2) Bed Bath and Beyond or Ikea for furniture for my new apartment
3) Drudge
4) Perez Hilton/gossiping with my coworkers
5) I guess a little bit of work.   ;)

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 08:04:32 AM »
Work is rough today... I am really hungover (Partying with friends before I move away). So I am trying to appear as busy as possible, but actually sleeping. Any ideas?

Keep a random excel file open on your computer.  Then read anything that will keep your mind occupied (news, gossip columns, whatev) and when you hear footsteps just tab over to the excel file.  That's what I do.   ;D

Mori

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »
The last week or so, I have been killing time with my Powerscore Bibles.

Before the LSAT madness I was:

1. Gmail-chattin-it with my twin sis or my boyfriend
2. Occasional facebook browsing
3. I own and operate a huge virtual store on Secondlife, so I check my offline messages, my transactions, and evaluate the purchases that day.
4. I do read at least 2 scientific papers every day.
5. PUBMED browsing and searches
6. I read Mother Jones

The thing with science is that there is a lot of "down-time" between experimental steps, so you can still be productive on the face of it, despite spending half your day doing non-science related work.