Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: heard from UVA?  (Read 3158 times)

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: heard from UVA?
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 11:35:31 PM »
Is it safe to assume that if you did not get a phone call, but your online status says a decision has been made, that you are either dinged or waitlisted?   :-\   My status went to decision sometime this afternoon/early evening, but I didn't get a call, and am fairly nervous. 

Just went "decision" too. What are your stats?
I'm T3, Top 12%, LR
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

law revue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 10:19:59 AM »
any word from the people who went decision but didnt get a call? good luck guys

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
Just called to ask: DINGED  :(
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

justuskuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 05:37:37 PM »
Crap.  now I am scared to call and ask.  Were they upset that you called to ask rather than wait for the mail letter?  I'd like to know sooner than later so I can make an informed decision on other schools.  Although I suppose if I don't get a call today that it means bad stuff.  Damn.  Really like that school. 

jusTTT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »
fyi for whomever wanted to know stats [i got in]:  school 30-50, top 25%, in state resident

on a side note - for others accepted at UVA last Thurs -- have you gotten your email addresses yet? mine still hasnt been set up yet...

nippaz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
jusTTT, do you know if you went decision before the phone call?

jusTTT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 10:41:21 PM »
jusTTT, do you know if you went decision before the phone call?

no clue. i wasnt keeping tabs on it bc i turned in my app really late so i wasnt expecting to hear anything for a long time.  on a side note, what is this yahoo forum people keep talking about?

justuskuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »
fyi for whomever wanted to know stats [i got in]:  school 30-50, top 25%, in state resident

on a side note - for others accepted at UVA last Thurs -- have you gotten your email addresses yet? mine still hasnt been set up yet...

How much does being an in-state resident matter?  I believe I am like top 25% at a top 20 school, but not an in-state resident, and I fearing I got dinged since I didn't get a call tonight.   :-[  I am still hoping for the best, because I really hoped to be accepted there.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

jusTTT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
UVA takes 35 transfers a year, and 25 of those must be in state.  So, yes, your chances are a lot better if in state.  But, I'd say you still have a shot for sure. 

uvatens07

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 10:50:05 AM »
jusTTT,congrats on getting into UVA. I was accepted last Thursday with a phone call and my email has not been set up yet. As far as I know from talking to admissions, they need to receive your seat deposit first before activiating you as a student. If you still haven't sent it, I would overnight it to them considering that the OGI deadline is fast approaching this Sunday. Congrats again and I'll probably see you in the fall.