Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: heard from UVA?  (Read 3235 times)

intel

• View Profile
Re: heard from UVA?
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 10:30:35 PM »
jusTTT,congrats on getting into UVA. I was accepted last Thursday with a phone call and my email has not been set up yet. As far as I know from talking to admissions, they need to receive your seat deposit first before activiating you as a student. If you still haven't sent it, I would overnight it to them considering that the OGI deadline is fast approaching this Sunday. Congrats again and I'll probably see you in the fall.

Sunday?! So that means they have to have their transfer class totally selected by tomorrow (Friday) right?

Tiny Sedan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
Got my rejection letter in the mail today  :(

jusTTT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 02:04:22 PM »
jusTTT,congrats on getting into UVA. I was accepted last Thursday with a phone call and my email has not been set up yet. As far as I know from talking to admissions, they need to receive your seat deposit first before activiating you as a student. If you still haven't sent it, I would overnight it to them considering that the OGI deadline is fast approaching this Sunday. Congrats again and I'll probably see you in the fall.

Sunday?! So that means they have to have their transfer class totally selected by tomorrow (Friday) right?

An email we got yesterday (about some OGI-related issues) said they were going to continue accepting people in the next week or so.  Hope that info is helpful...

intel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 06:26:41 PM »
thanks for the info. did the email say anything about what the procedure would be for bidding for ppl accepted next week?

jusTTT

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »
thanks for the info. did the email say anything about what the procedure would be for bidding for ppl accepted next week?

those accepted next week or later do miss out on the bidding for the first round of OGI and the lottery, but won't miss out on the second round of OGI and that lottery

intel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »

those accepted next week or later do miss out on the bidding for the first round of OGI and the lottery, but won't miss out on the second round of OGI and that lottery

"rounds"? "lottery"? please enlighten.