Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Law  (Read 6415 times)

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW Law
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »
Does anyone see GW breaking into the Top 15-19 schools in the near future, or is it agreed that 20 is it?

gw was #19 in '05-06

the far more important # is the median lsat / gpa, as the degree to which various firms and the like will go into a class is largely a function of those 2 statistics

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 03:15:25 PM »
\Hey, anyone familiar with the DC area? Any suggestions on where to live? I will be living with my fiance, or I guess by then he will be my husband, wierd...Anyway, so our budget is around $1200. We don't need anything fancy, we have lived in extremely small spaces before. We also really wan to live in DC, no VA or MD.

Places I have heard are Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, Eastern Market, Columbia Heights and if I can give only my arm and leg, Foggy Bottom.

Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!   :)

You may want to try the Logan/Thomas Circle Area (around MacPherson Square on the orange/blue lines).  MacPherson Square is two stops away from Foggy Bottom on the metro, so it wouldn't take long for you to get there.  Try the Belvedere there -- it's around $1300 for a one bedroom.

http://www.bernsteinmgmt.com/residential_properties/apartment_result.asp

Bernstein Management seems to deal mainly with older buildings -- so they're not as nice as nice, new luxury places... I don't know if you're used to Boston-type apartments, but pretty much like that (lead paint, more worn, etc.)  Though, the locations are awesome, they usually have on-site management, and they're generally great about repairs.

AGil2020

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008, 03:39:48 PM »
Hey everybody - decided to check out this website after a few years, glad to find others that got into GW Law too! I got my transfer acceptance on July 3rd (didn't like old school's D.C. placement stats) and I'm so excited to be here! Anyone heard about how OCI works/how other transfers have felt about it? See you all in a few weeks!

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 03:57:44 PM »
In your admissions packet you will see that we get OCI registration as soon as they have our deposit money.

There are two schools of thought re: transfers at OCI... [1] That there is a certain snob factor that will work against 2L transfers, or [2] Firms will be impressed by someone who went to a lesser school, busted her butt and ended up transferring out.

I'm sure both are true depending on who's on the other side of the table.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »
I'm a little torn about whether or not to accept GW's admissions offer... I just found out I made LR at my school, and I am hesitant to give that up. Anyone else on the fence about GW? OCI bidding has already started for them, so I'm not sure what to do.
Vanderbilt 2010

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2008, 08:54:28 PM »
I'm at a T3 so it's really a no-brainer for me.  If you're at a decent school, great rank and law review, I can see how it would be a more nuanced choice.  GW, not to mention living in DC, is very expensive and not 'Top 14' prestige, but close enough to make it a go for me.

I'm not expecting a job through OCI although I hope I can participate... my old school has an extremely poor (read: effectively nonexistent) OCI program so again, a no-brainer for me.  ;-)
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
I'm a little torn about whether or not to accept GW's admissions offer... I just found out I made LR at my school, and I am hesitant to give that up. Anyone else on the fence about GW? OCI bidding has already started for them, so I'm not sure what to do.

OCI Bidding has started, but employers don't see anyone's information or bids until after it closes on July 23rd.

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2008, 12:40:56 PM »
For those of you that have been accepted to GW, are any of you on the West Coast?