Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Law  (Read 6435 times)

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW Law
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 11:43:38 AM »
At $1,200/month, it'll be quite difficult for you to find a suitable studio or 1 bedroom apartment in the more popular areas of DC along the Red Line (Woodley Park / Adams Morgan / Dupont) - unless you find a place willing to sublet 1 bedroom to you and your fiancee, but I doubt either side would want that.  Track the postings on Craigslist closely - and expand your search.

yeah, $1200 is more like a range, not max. I understand we are most likely going to be paying more. Thanks for your advice!

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 11:46:49 AM »
Columbia Heights is definitely doable for 1200, even less depending on how large a place you want. It's a newly regentrified area, so there are still some blocks that are a little run-down, but it's near the Metro and has a lot going on.

Foggy Bottom would be really difficult for that price range, but there are def. areas in Northern VA (check by the VA Square metro station) you can manage for 1200.

Yes, Columbia Heights seems to be the best place to look. I am always a bit nervous when I see cheap postings because I have heard the neighborhood has just received a face lift and it can be sketch in areas.

Thanks

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 01:05:34 PM »
got into GW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congrats teotret!  When & how were you notified?  What part of the country do you live in? Thanks so much!  I still haven't heard & it is KILLING me!

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »

Also - when was your file complete?  Thanks!  Again, any info would help!

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 02:10:48 PM »
thanks!!
I went complete around June 20.
My stats are T3, east coast, top 12.6%

Congrats teotret!  When & how were you notified?  What part of the country do you live in? Thanks so much!  I still haven't heard & it is KILLING me!

The George Washington University Class of 2010.

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
If you look at 2006 transferapps you will see GW rejecting top 5% T3 candidates.  Anyone have a guess as to what's up this year?  I was under the impression that admissions were getting tougher across the country?
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

ILoveCorpLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2008, 06:02:44 PM »
I was wondering the same exact thing....My guess is that they received less applications for transfer this year, but that seems so unlikely given that it is a top 20 school. If you look solely at GPA's of admitted students on transferapps though, everyone admitted had close to or above a 3.5, but this is not taking into consideration class rank which the adcom may have looked past.

ILoveCorpLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Does anyone see GW breaking into the Top 15-19 schools in the near future, or is it agreed that 20 is it?

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »
Who knows, who cares?  By the time we do (if we do) you won't care anymore.  It's not going to change the recruitment of GW students from BIGLAW anytime soon.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »
I too noticed they seem to have lowered their standards a bit.  I think this might be the result of a gradual increase in transfer-friendliness.  Two years ago they took 40, last year they took 61, this year it seems like they may take even more.  I think it will end up easing the transition for us, though, since accepting more transfers (hopefully) means they'll be making more accommodations to meet our needs, and we'll have more fellow transfers to socialize with.

I'm anxious to get to DC!  Hope you guys are as excited as I am.