Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Law  (Read 6490 times)

ILoveCorpLaw

• View Profile
Re: GW Law
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
With ur stats, nesl seems like a lock. Good luck with BC and NESL!!

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »

Why do you say they are not a transfer friendly school.?
I am at Pace(T3 I think) class rank #4 and am transferring for personal reasons (deaf 3yr old son). I am just wondering what make syou think they dont like transfers cause, it seems from looking at the board people with worse stats than me are getting in to far better schools.

Did you mention in your PS why you want to transfer to Boston? It seems to me that schools are more inclined to admit you if you have a good personal story. A deaf child is good reason. I wouldn't give up hope.

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »
On BC - I applied late may, early june.  I think I had everything in by at least 6/5 or 6/10 and I haven't heard anything yet.  My file is with the admissions committee I'm told.  I don't know what to think about that.  However, my point is, is when I applied I called the admissions office and asked about how transfer friendly they were.  The person told me that last year they sent out approximately 100 offers of admission, and only yielded 17 people.  She said "only 17", which makes me think that they were expecting, or wanted more.  My gut reaction is that BC is trying to become more transfer friendly b/c they started an Early Action program this year, probably trying to rope in more top transfers.  So, they may be more transfer friendly than people think, but of course, you can never really know.

Also...thanks to all who responded to my questions on GW.  I'm still waiting (impatiently) for a response! :(

derby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
yeah that was basically all my PS said was that I wanted to go to transfer b/c of deaf school there. I figured when you have really good grades you dont really need to talk about how hard working and dedicated you are.

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »
Re: GW HOUSING

HOVA is full for this year but if you can bid on it for 3L, I would do it -- single apartments for graduate students in an ex-hotel for $900/month in Foggy freakin' Bottom! 

I'll be living with a friend elsewhere in DC.  I buy the first round for the transfer bar crawl.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

deedeeleigh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 06:58:54 PM »
Single apartments without kitchens :) I'll be living in HOVA, and don't mind the new stove, but people keep telling me it's overpriced. I like being able to walk to school though.

Congrats to all the transfers! I didn't realize the class grew so substantially in number 2L year.

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2008, 07:16:27 AM »
got into GW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
Congrats on your acceptance Teotret!

Hey, anyone familiar with the DC area? Any suggestions on where to live? I will be living with my fiance, or I guess by then he will be my husband, wierd...Anyway, so our budget is around $1200. We don't need anything fancy, we have lived in extremely small spaces before. We also really wan to live in DC, no VA or MD.

Places I have heard are Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, Eastern Market, Columbia Heights and if I can give only my arm and leg, Foggy Bottom.

Any suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!   :)

HibachiKiller

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »
At $1,200/month, it'll be quite difficult for you to find a suitable studio or 1 bedroom apartment in the more popular areas of DC along the Red Line (Woodley Park / Adams Morgan / Dupont) - unless you find a place willing to sublet 1 bedroom to you and your fiancee, but I doubt either side would want that.  Track the postings on Craigslist closely - and expand your search.

deedeeleigh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »
Columbia Heights is definitely doable for 1200, even less depending on how large a place you want. It's a newly regentrified area, so there are still some blocks that are a little run-down, but it's near the Metro and has a lot going on.

Foggy Bottom would be really difficult for that price range, but there are def. areas in Northern VA (check by the VA Square metro station) you can manage for 1200.