Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Law  (Read 6363 times)

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GW Law
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
Basically, the higher you transfer, the less you will be prejudiced. And hey, top 1% is a great accomplishment for any student at any school. The ultra elite firms (think Vault 20 firms, etc.) probably won't be interested in you, but plenty of biglaw firms should be interested, especially if you crack the T14.

As an example:

I know one student who transferred to my school (T14) from one of the worst T4s in the country. That student is making $3000 per week this summer at reputable NYC biglaw firm.

Thanks for the advice...I will follow up with both schools...I still am nervous about being prejudiced at GW or even a T14 because I am coming from a T4. Either way, I assume the career prospects will be much higher anyway.

santropez

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
In at GW!

Letter was dated June 25. 

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 06:26:47 PM »
In, top 10% @ T3.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 07:54:15 PM »
In at GW! Really happy because I am at a T4 now and, needless to say, it is quite a jump and my opportunities are far broader now!

ionisnotme

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 08:03:14 PM »

What school are you coming from/ rank?

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 08:09:06 PM »
T4 at top 15%, I think I just replied to you on transferapps  :)

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »
Sounds like a good year for GW transfers.  Congrats guys/gals, will be happy to meet you all at orientation.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 11:10:24 PM »
For those of you that got in to GW - are you all on the East Coast?  How did you hear?  I'm on the West Coast & am hoping that something comes soon!  I'm T4, top 8%, senior editor of non-law review journal, law review, int'l volunteer exp, paralegal before law school.  I really hope I join you all at GW!  Congrats to all!

ILoveCorpLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 01:16:23 AM »
How do all of you feel about GW vs Fordham? I still have an app out there, and was wondering if I should withdraw. Thanks in advance for any comments!

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 01:39:55 AM »

For those of you that got in to GW - are you all on the East Coast?  How did you hear?  I'm on the West Coast & am hoping that something comes soon!  I'm T4, top 8%, senior editor of non-law review journal, law review, int'l volunteer exp, paralegal before law school.  I really hope I join you all at GW!  Congrats to all!

I am on the east coast and my letter was dated June 25th so it may take some time to get to you. Good luck.