Law School Discussion

Vice Presidents

Re: Vice Presidents
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 09:51:38 AM »
I could see Webb joining Obama.  I think McCain would win if he could align with Huckabee.

I could see Obama-Webb but not so sure about McCain-Huckabee

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 10:12:47 AM »
at least huckabee get more for his speeches once ticket lose.  he got no cindy mccain.

Sell Out

• Bienvenido al Terrordome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:26:54 AM »
I could see Webb joining Obama.  I think McCain would win if he could align with Huckabee.

I second the Obama/Webb ticket.  I was shocked to see the new GI Bill he drew up (in a good, kind of speechless way) and generally like his no BS attitude.  However, I disagree with the McCain/Huckabee ticket being a winner.  McCain is only doing as well as he is (which state by state shows not very well) because of independent voters somewhat split between McCain and Obama.  You throw Huckabee in there and it will motivate the base a little more, but drive away those independents who are tired of the religious right.  The base really hates McCain, which is a huge problem for him since he's going to need to be able to find a way to pick someone who'll motivate them without driving away his independent voters.  I don't know if such a balancing act can be accomplished.

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37:56 AM »

I second the Obama/Webb ticket.  I was shocked to see the new GI Bill he drew up (in a good, kind of speechless way) and generally like his no BS attitude.  However, I disagree with the McCain/Huckabee ticket being a winner.  McCain is only doing as well as he is (which state by state shows not very well) because of independent voters somewhat split between McCain and Obama.  You throw Huckabee in there and it will motivate the base a little more, but drive away those independents who are tired of the religious right.  The base really hates McCain, which is a huge problem for him since he's going to need to be able to find a way to pick someone who'll motivate them without driving away his independent voters.  I don't know if such a balancing act can be accomplished.

The base is no fan of Huckabee either.  He is pro-life/anti gay marriage, but on any issue that he actually has the potential to influence he is no conservative.  He has a long record of tax increases, he feels that it is a "biblical obligation" to fight global warming, and he called people who backed a bill requiring proof of citizenship to register to vote and receive certain social services "un-Christian and un-American."

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 10:39:05 AM »

I think thats part of the big attraction (no pun intended but I do think she is good looking as well) to Sarah Palin too since she is Conservative but not really a member of the Religious right. I think she is religious but she isn't a pastor etc. like Huckabee

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 10:42:06 AM »
republicans got no good choices, which why should go with romney.  he be whatever voters want him be.

Saxby Clemens II

• I'm Chuck Bass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:05 AM »
republicans got no good choices, which why should go with romney.  he be whatever voters want him be.

And, he's pretty hot, especially for a Republican. 

I wouldn't mind seeing him on TV the next five months, I won't lie...

I have a very hard time seeing Obamatards embracing someone like Webb.  He seems to be the antithesis of everything they've celebrated the past year.  He's also only been in the Senate for two years, right?  I would think Obama needs someone who's been around the block a few times. 

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »

I have a very hard time seeing Obamatards embracing someone like Webb.  He seems to be the antithesis of everything they've celebrated the past year.  He's also only been in the Senate for two years, right?  I would think Obama needs someone who's been around the block a few times. 

Thats true, I see Obama going for someone older, more moderate, and more experienced. The only problem with this though is that someone might liken it to Bush and Cheney, but since the media seems to worship Obama, I doubt that will end up happening. I think McCain in contrast will try to find someone young (or at least seems youthful, like Romney who seems a lot younger than he is)and conservative.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
republicans got no good choices, which why should go with romney. he be whatever voters want him be.

I have a very hard time seeing Obamatards embracing someone like Webb. He seems to be the antithesis of everything they've celebrated the past year. He's also only been in the Senate for two years, right? I would think Obama needs someone who's been around the block a few times.

yes, romney have better hair than cindy. julie not seen his boobs, but have to wonder.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »
republicans got no good choices, which why should go with romney. he be whatever voters want him be.

I have a very hard time seeing Obamatards embracing someone like Webb. He seems to be the antithesis of everything they've celebrated the past year. He's also only been in the Senate for two years, right? I would think Obama needs someone who's been around the block a few times.

Thats true, I see Obama going for someone older, more moderate, and more experienced. The only problem with this though is that someone might liken it to Bush and Cheney, but since the media seems to worship Obama, I doubt that will end up happening. I think McCain in contrast will try to find someone young (or at least seems youthful, like Romney who seems a lot younger than he is)and conservative.

and flexible.  not forget flexible.