Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How many hours a day are you studying? (including lecture time)

0-2
 0 (0%)
2-4
 0 (0%)
4-6
 5 (22.7%)
6-8
 8 (36.4%)
8-10
 8 (36.4%)
10+
 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Bar Exam Study Thread  (Read 7550 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bar Exam Study Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »
Has anyone finished the half-day exam in the MPQ2 book? If so, what are your thoughts on the difficulty level and whether or not this will be a good indication of what the actual MBE is going to look like? The percentage of questions I got correct on the half-day practice exam (77%) were far higher than any of my results on the previous simulated MBE (116/200) or problem sets (average between 8-11 correct per set).

To quantify...I felt like 50% of the questions were "gimmies", or otherwise very straightforward applications of the law. I felt like 30-35% of the questions were intermediate questions where two answers looked pretty good and the remaining questions were of the types we saw in problem sets 5&6. Judging by what the MBE workshop lecturer said about adding roughly 30 points to your score, I'm truly hoping that this is what the actual MBE is going to look like.

Credited.
I wasn't quite at 77% but I did considerably better than my 126 on the full practice MBE.

I also just got around doing the MPQ1 mixed sets and I thought those were pretty similar in composition.
Air Force JAG Corps

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »
Like 008, I've been focusing pretty heavily on the essays as well.  (and for about 2 days, I didn't do any essay problems either, but instead made study outlines of all the subjects; I really needed some review).

I'm adding MBE questions in again, starting today.  I did the first mixed problem set in the MPQ1 set, and I agree - a good number were very easy, most of the rest were decently challenging (narrowed down to 2 really good answers), and there were a good handful of just BS questions that were worthy of being in sets 5/6.  I got 75% right on that question set, which is what the woman at our MBE review said we should aim for.

I still haven't looked at an MPT yet.  I really need to remember to do that this week.

blacksox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:43 PM »
Has anyone finished the half-day exam in the MPQ2 book? If so, what are your thoughts on the difficulty level and whether or not this will be a good indication of what the actual MBE is going to look like? The percentage of questions I got correct on the half-day practice exam (77%) were far higher than any of my results on the previous simulated MBE (116/200) or problem sets (average between 8-11 correct per set).

To quantify...I felt like 50% of the questions were "gimmies", or otherwise very straightforward applications of the law. I felt like 30-35% of the questions were intermediate questions where two answers looked pretty good and the remaining questions were of the types we saw in problem sets 5&6. Judging by what the MBE workshop lecturer said about adding roughly 30 points to your score, I'm truly hoping that this is what the actual MBE is going to look like.

WOW, 77%!!  That makes me feel horrible, as I scored about 20% lower than you, even though I scored similar on the simulated MBE.  I dont quite know why/how I bombed the test.  A lot of just stupid mistakes, but then there seemed to be a handful I hadn't actually seen yet.  Overall the fact patterns just seemed very long.  Then I've been taking the mixed subject tests at the back of the MPQ2 and have been scoring in the mid to uppper 70's; those just seem much too easy, at least the first 3 of them were.  Anyone take any of those?

I'm taking the full day MBE tomorrow in the MPQ2, and hopefully will fair much better. 

mqt

• Sr. Citizen
  • cellar door
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »
Then I've been taking the mixed subject tests at the back of the MPQ2 and have been scoring in the mid to uppper 70's; those just seem much too easy, at least the first 3 of them were.  Anyone take any of those?

I think the final question sets in MPQ2 are meant to give a boost of confidence.  Presumably, they will be the last question sets you do, so Barbri probably, for once, wants to make you feel ready.  I've been doing them too and getting 80-85%, and I don't get anywhere near that on other question sets. 

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »
Then I've been taking the mixed subject tests at the back of the MPQ2 and have been scoring in the mid to uppper 70's; those just seem much too easy, at least the first 3 of them were.  Anyone take any of those?

I think the final question sets in MPQ2 are meant to give a boost of confidence.  Presumably, they will be the last question sets you do, so Barbri probably, for once, wants to make you feel ready.  I've been doing them too and getting 80-85%, and I don't get anywhere near that on other question sets. 

I just got an 89% on the first of those Mixed sets, which is way high for me.  I hope that the real thing is much closer to those questions!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2008, 09:38:22 PM »
I havent done an MBE q in over a week... eep!
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.