Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How many hours a day are you studying? (including lecture time)

0-2
 0 (0%)
2-4
 0 (0%)
4-6
 5 (22.7%)
6-8
 8 (36.4%)
8-10
 8 (36.4%)
10+
 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Bar Exam Study Thread  (Read 7361 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Bar Exam Study Thread
« on: June 30, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »
The poll is for curiosity's sake.

Please feel free to discuss your bar exam strategy, lamentations and concerns.

For me, I do about 8 hours a day, but it is really weighing me down.  There is so much stuff to learn, my essays never match up with the model answer given and I feel like I'm going to fail.  This sucks! 
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

Luziana

• View Profile
Re: Bar Exam Study Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »
I do about 8 hours if you include the lecture time.  But I still feel like I am not learning enough!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:18:55 AM »
Yeah isnt it crazy how much they expect you to know.  Im working through commercial paper and am totally baffled, then I study partnership and agency and am about to lose my mind over limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships and almost totally lost it when I found out there was a limited liability limited partnership.  I wish I could make a career change... I heard Canada has an easy bar exam???
When a candidate faces the voters he does not face men of sense [but] a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion. As democracy is perfected the White House will be adorned with a moron.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to remember everything for the bar.  The key is to listen to what BarBri tells us about which topics in each subject are tested the most.  For instance, in Nevada, if a real property essay is given, more than half of the time they test on real covenants/equitable servitudes, and half of the time, they test on deed formalities/recording.  Sure enough, when I look at the essays in the essay book, virtually every single real property exam has indeed tested on covenants/equitable servitudes and deed formalities/recording.  So, I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't remember everything, for I know that it's impossible.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 05:15:08 AM »
I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to remember everything for the bar.  The key is to listen to what BarBri tells us about which topics in each subject are tested the most.  For instance, in Nevada, if a real property essay is given, more than half of the time they test on real covenants/equitable servitudes, and half of the time, they test on deed formalities/recording.  Sure enough, when I look at the essays in the essay book, virtually every single real property exam has indeed tested on covenants/equitable servitudes and deed formalities/recording.  So, I'm not going to beat myself up if I can't remember everything, for I know that it's impossible.

Yeah, but it can be daunting at times to look at the outline.

I'm studying for the NV bar too, good luck :)

uh huh.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 07:13:25 AM »
10+ for me. And I don't think it's doing me any good. I just can't seem to remember anything that I read, and my MBE scores are very average. Something needs to change.

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 05:13:20 PM »
6-8 here including lectures.  The simulated MBE went well so I'm doing something right on that end (famous last words).  Essays?  Not so much.
post-3L

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »

Oh, you're right: it IS daunting! And thanks for wishing me good luck; good luck to you, too! Just think, in less than 4 weeks from now, our torture will be OVER! :)

jimmyjohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »

Oh, you're right: it IS daunting! And thanks for wishing me good luck; good luck to you, too! Just think, in less than 4 weeks from now, our torture will be OVER! :)

Then we get to wait for results!  That will be fun too.  I'm not sure which is worse; studying for the exam or waiting.

unlvcrjchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »

Then we get to wait for results!  That will be fun too.  I'm not sure which is worse; studying for the exam or waiting.

Um, true, waiting is unpleasant.  However, since I feel like I'm honestly being tortured by this experience of studying, I cannot imagine anything worse; so, I'm leaning towards the studying part being worse than waiting.