Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: False Confidence on the Bar  (Read 3666 times)

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: False Confidence on the Bar
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »

Every one is making lots of sense. Lots. This thread has become very interesting and every one here is making great contributions. Except this RickLax character. He is just not making any sense to me. Phew I dunno man..

Listen.  I think it's pretty clear that you don't like Rick Lax.  But to simply follow his posts around a make negative comments for your own amusement is rather sad.
One glance at your post history tells the tale of who you are and what you are about.  I encourage you to spend more time at XOXO and less time here muddying the waters with your pointless criticism of a person that you don't like.

By the way. It's very admirable of you to make an argument on behalf on a third person. A man, nevertheless. Once is nice. Twice is overly sensitive. Three or more times is hinting something else. Oh and looking through my post history? I dunno man. That's kind of creepy.

And I think it's childish and embarrassing that you follow rick around, making insipid, pointless comments about how he doesn't make sense and everyone else does.
I guess you think that your behavior is 'cool'.  But it really makes you look like the tween that you are, Mr. Chan.
Justice is tangy....

ouffha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2008, 12:21:53 PM »

Every one is making lots of sense. Lots. This thread has become very interesting and every one here is making great contributions. Except this RickLax character. He is just not making any sense to me. Phew I dunno man..

Listen.  I think it's pretty clear that you don't like Rick Lax.  But to simply follow his posts around a make negative comments for your own amusement is rather sad.
One glance at your post history tells the tale of who you are and what you are about.  I encourage you to spend more time at XOXO and less time here muddying the waters with your pointless criticism of a person that you don't like.

By the way. It's very admirable of you to make an argument on behalf on a third person. A man, nevertheless. Once is nice. Twice is overly sensitive. Three or more times is hinting something else. Oh and looking through my post history? I dunno man. That's kind of creepy.

And I think it's childish and embarrassing that you follow rick around, making insipid, pointless comments about how he doesn't make sense and everyone else does.
I guess you think that your behavior is 'cool'.  But it really makes you look like the tween that you are, Mr. Chan.

Harry? Is that you?! I'm sorry everyone. I thought jeffislouie was Harry, a classmate of mine back in high school. See we had a foreign exchange student, Tikano, who was visiting us from Uzbekistan senior year. We would all sit at the benches behind class with Tikano and laugh at the cultural differences between our country and his. It was so much fun. Except when Harry came by. Harry used to jump to the opportunity to defend Tikano, even during friendly conversation. See Harry had a tiny man crush on Tikano. We all knew it. Even Tikano sensed it, even though the guy did not speak any english. At first it was cute. You know, a little high school crush. Who hasn't had those once or twice, right? But then it started getting just a tad creepy. Tikano began to feel uncomfortable. The entire group knew the reason why Harry keeps jumping to Tikano's defense, almost instinctively every time. Tikano did not make it to graduation that year. He had to leave early back to Uzbekistan because the ambiance at high school just got a bit uncomfortable. Harry's restraining order is still in effect even today. He has not yet come out of the closet, even though his mother keeps calling him a girly man.

jeffislouie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 04:48:16 PM »

Harry? Is that you?! I'm sorry everyone. I thought jeffislouie was Harry, a classmate of mine back in high school. See we had a foreign exchange student, Tikano, who was visiting us from Uzbekistan senior year. We would all sit at the benches behind class with Tikano and laugh at the cultural differences between our country and his. It was so much fun. Except when Harry came by. Harry used to jump to the opportunity to defend Tikano, even during friendly conversation. See Harry had a tiny man crush on Tikano. We all knew it. Even Tikano sensed it, even though the guy did not speak any english. At first it was cute. You know, a little high school crush. Who hasn't had those once or twice, right? But then it started getting just a tad creepy. Tikano began to feel uncomfortable. The entire group knew the reason why Harry keeps jumping to Tikano's defense, almost instinctively every time. Tikano did not make it to graduation that year. He had to leave early back to Uzbekistan because the ambiance at high school just got a bit uncomfortable. Harry's restraining order is still in effect even today. He has not yet come out of the closet, even though his mother keeps calling him a girly man.

I am absolutely suprised as can be that you have mocked people and their cultures before.  That's a true shocker. 
You and your moronic friends ruined an exchange students American Experience and now you brag about it and blame it on someone who you seem to suspect is gay.  Very clever.  In your story, the exchange student didn't speak any english, yet he was there laughing at the differences between his culture and yours.  Or did he understand english?  Did you enjoy making him feel bad or inferior to you because of where he was born?  Perhaps you took delight in accusing 'Harry' of being a homosexual stalker?  I'm sure that if he was gay, he really had a great life with people like you around him.  And if he was just shy or felt bad for the exchange student?  Making him feel alone and deviant probably made him feel pretty good too.
So let me get this straight, because I'd like to understand your shallow existence.  Making fun of others, especially those who can't defend themselves, is okay.  It's actually something to be proud of!
And following around RickLax is cool because you are doing it.  Pointing out how ridiculous you are for doing it is NOT cool because others are doing it.
You are a real piece of dog turd my friend.  Grow up.  Stop following rick around posting stupid comments about how you don't understand him.  You are either too stupid to read plain english or, more likely, too childish to realize that leaving him alone and ignoring him is the mature thing to do.
And just to cut off the stupidity before it starts - I'm not following you around, posting in every thread that you do.  That's what YOU do.  And I'm not trying to convince the world that I'm better than you.  Again, that's your strategy.  I'm merely flabbergasted that you have managed to turn up in almost every thread Rick has posted in, often using the exact same language in an attempt to knock him.  If you don't like what he says, that's fine.  If you don't like him, that's also fine.  But to follow him around the boards, essentially saying the same thing ('Everyone here makes loads of sense, but this Rick Lax character?') shows that you are childish, immature, a troll, and a small minded individual.  Let me guess here - you don't have many friends so you spend your time looking for any human interaction you can get in any way you can get it?  Sound right?
Get a girlfriend (or a boyfriend, whatever you like).  Stop harrassing people you don't like while hiding behind your computer screen.
Justice is tangy....

ouffha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 06:10:29 AM »

I am absolutely suprised as can be that you have mocked people and their cultures before.  That's a true shocker. 
You and your moronic friends ruined an exchange students American Experience and now you brag about it and blame it on someone who you seem to suspect is gay.  Very clever.  In your story, the exchange student didn't speak any english, yet he was there laughing at the differences between his culture and yours.  Or did he understand english?  Did you enjoy making him feel bad or inferior to you because of where he was born?  Perhaps you took delight in accusing 'Harry' of being a homosexual stalker?  I'm sure that if he was gay, he really had a great life with people like you around him.  And if he was just shy or felt bad for the exchange student?  Making him feel alone and deviant probably made him feel pretty good too.
So let me get this straight, because I'd like to understand your shallow existence.  Making fun of others, especially those who can't defend themselves, is okay.  It's actually something to be proud of!
And following around RickLax is cool because you are doing it.  Pointing out how ridiculous you are for doing it is NOT cool because others are doing it.
You are a real piece of dog turd my friend.  Grow up.  Stop following rick around posting stupid comments about how you don't understand him.  You are either too stupid to read plain english or, more likely, too childish to realize that leaving him alone and ignoring him is the mature thing to do.
And just to cut off the stupidity before it starts - I'm not following you around, posting in every thread that you do.  That's what YOU do.  And I'm not trying to convince the world that I'm better than you.  Again, that's your strategy.  I'm merely flabbergasted that you have managed to turn up in almost every thread Rick has posted in, often using the exact same language in an attempt to knock him.  If you don't like what he says, that's fine.  If you don't like him, that's also fine.  But to follow him around the boards, essentially saying the same thing ('Everyone here makes loads of sense, but this Rick Lax character?') shows that you are childish, immature, a troll, and a small minded individual.  Let me guess here - you don't have many friends so you spend your time looking for any human interaction you can get in any way you can get it?  Sound right?
Get a girlfriend (or a boyfriend, whatever you like).  Stop harrassing people you don't like while hiding behind your computer screen.

Mais pourquoi faites-vous tout cet affairement, eh jeffislouie? Le monde est paisible et les gens sont heureux. Donc pourquoi devez-vous la vis qui en haut? Je pense que vous devez compiler tous vos arguments mignons dans un livre pour publier, alors ils pourraient vous donner quelque avantage. Aussi, avoir des objections vos propres affaires.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 11:54:18 PM »
I was counting the time in lecture.  I guess this all depends on which state you are studying for?

Fair point.  And now that you bring it up, does anybody know if the IL bar is supposed to be one of the harder or easier bars?

-Rick @ http://ricklax.com

ouffha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 03:32:50 AM »
I was counting the time in lecture.  I guess this all depends on which state you are studying for?

Fair point.  And now that you bring it up, does anybody know if the IL bar is supposed to be one of the harder or easier bars?

-Rick @ http://ricklax.com

I think it's one of the easier ones, Ricky. Good luck man. I hope you do very well. You're a rockstar.

ouffha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 05:51:55 AM »

Mais pourquoi faites-vous tout cet affairement, eh jeffislouie? Le monde est paisible et les gens sont heureux. Donc pourquoi devez-vous la vis qui en haut? Je pense que vous devez compiler tous vos arguments mignons dans un livre pour publier, alors ils pourraient vous donner quelque avantage. Aussi, avoir des objections vos propres affaires.

But why do you make all this bustle, eh jeffislouie? The world is peaceful and people are happy. Thus why do you owe the screw which in top? I think that you must compile all your nice arguments in a book to publish, then they could give you some advantage. Also, to have objections your own businesses.

I was curious.

Bosco! Haha. No body catches my drift but you, buddy. You got me there. I'm french proficient so I just plugged the thing in one of those computer translators. I had a feeling it was gonna come out like a used car.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 08:08:25 AM »
how'd everyone do on the practice MBE? i FAILED that thing, and badly. it appears as if i still have some serious work to do..

Jerrry

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 03:58:20 PM »
No, that is only telling me 1 thing and that is "do not studying for the sake of studying" You can study for a decade and assimilate nuthing but if you feel like really studying; that is when your brain is not tired, it will be like magic. It's then that you understand that complex sentence/analogy or whatever it is, in the text boook. I know for some people it is difficult to wait till that time when you will feel like studying when you have a incredible workload.
Nothing is good or bad, thinking makes it so.