Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Something Better To Do  (Read 1429 times)

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
Something Better To Do
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »
Really, guys?  Starting a fake profile in my name?  Starting multiple posts making fun of my name?  You’ve got to have something better to do with your time. 

Hmmm…I have a feeling the replies to this topic will prove otherwise…

-Rick @ http://ricklax.com

Em Woods

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Something Better To Do
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:56:40 PM »
you have nothing better to do than to post your uninteresting blog excepts on here so I don't know why you're whining. Plus for off topic discussions, this board is literally for people with nothing to do (at the current time, anyway).

You are the pot.calling.kettle.black, Ricklax.
"Anything easy ain't worth a damn" - Coach Woody Hayes

ouffha

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 05:51:21 AM »
Please someone report this guy to a moderator. He's hogging the boards and promoting his blog. This is a clean family forum, Ricky. It is restricted to law-related topics. Some of us come here to learn and educate ourselves for a change. Take your sarcasm elsewhere, Ricky. We do not appreciate your personal attacks.

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:54:12 AM »
I agree with Rick.  You guys need to grow up.  If you don't like his posts, you can ignore them.  They're almost all law school related, and I've never seen him post anything rude.  Why wouldn't he have the same right to post here as the rest of you?  Even when other people are rude to him, he is usually pretty polite back.  There are a LOT of posters who have links to their blogs or websites in their posts.  Why Rick Lax gets singled out is beyond me.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 10:45:42 AM »
Dotlyn: He gets singled out because it appears that the main purpose of his posts - and indeed, his whole account on this site - is for spamming.  Other posters, while they post links to their blogs, do not post with the sole purpose of spam.
Mercer University School of Law '12

Gitmo Jones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 10:50:17 AM »
Really, guys?  Starting a fake profile in my name?  Starting multiple posts making fun of my name?  You’ve got to have something better to do with your time. 

Hmmm…I have a feeling the replies to this topic will prove otherwise…

-Rick @ http://ricklax.com

I hate you rick lax, go away.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 10:57:32 AM »
Dotlyn: He gets singled out because it appears that the main purpose of his posts - and indeed, his whole account on this site - is for spamming.  Other posters, while they post links to their blogs, do not post with the sole purpose of spam.

Additionally, the links he provides lead you straight to a page promoting his book.  He's set this account up to get free advertising, under the guise of posting about fish sandwiches and being afraid of the cashiers at Barnes and Noble.  If he wants to advertise, fine.  He can purchase an banner like HP, Testmasters, etc.

I have yet to hear Ricky respond to this point, despite it being raised numerous times in his threads.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 11:01:53 AM »
Ok, I see your point.  Still, lately some posters have gone too far.  If you object to the way he is linking to his book, simply don't click the link!  Also, I think this is a matter for the moderators to decide, not for individual posters who have gone on an attack campaign against him.  It seems unnecessarilly uncivil.
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
Honestly, I agree with you.  I think the fake username and the dozen or so parody threads are both immature and distractive from the real issue.  I also agree that it's a matter for the moderators, and I know that EarlCat is aware of the situation.  He seems to be letting it slide, which is his choice, but I see no harm in continuing to voice my concerns.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Diet Yomajesty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 11:11:47 AM »
Indeed. If he would invest a little time and effort into engaging in dialogue with the posters here (instead of crop dusting his self-promotion via fly-by), his reception, I guarantee, would be nothing like he currently endures. If he would attempt to become a "part of the community," as it were, he would inspire goodwill rather than scorn and would almost certainly bolster not only his readership but his book sales and reputation. GSE would probably hate him a lot less, too.

Jeffort is an example of someone who gets it. He's someone with ulterior motives behind his regular presence here (LSAT tutoring services). But because he is/was so unselfish in his infinite patience and sharing of information that no one gave a rat's ass that each of his posts mentioned his business. I would wager that every single LSDer who joined the board during his or her LSAT prep benefited in some way from Jeffort's membership here and I'd also wager that the vast majority of LSDers wish him great success in all of his future endeavors.

And that's what I think about that.

And really, what's the difference between individual posters telling him to cut it out and someone then telling those same individual posters to cut it out? If you want to leave the moderating of RickLax to the moderators, then you should also leave the moderating of his detractors to the moderators. Telling your peers to grow up is counterproductive and self-righteous. IMO
Quote from: Tim Mitchell
You could leave a cardboard cutout of Erik Estrada at the front counter and I guarantee you no one would ever know the difference.
Not so much because you resemble Erik Estrada, more so because you have the personality of cardboard.