Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kaplan LSAT Summer Intensive Program  (Read 2392 times)

Maclock

• View Profile
Kaplan LSAT Summer Intensive Program
« on: June 29, 2008, 02:41:42 AM »
Does anyone know people who have taken the following program?  I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the outrageous price.  There is no decent test prep (in either tutor or course form) in the city where I currently reside, and I may have to do something like take this kind of program to prep properly for the LSAT.  Self-prep is not an option.  The LSAT is the very bane of my existence.   ;D

http://www.kaptest.com/Law/LSAT/Kaplan-Programs/Summer-Intensive/lsat-summer-intensive.html

Mori

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Kaplan LSAT Summer Intensive Program
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 06:08:49 PM »
Good catch Chili!

This supports the majority view on Kaplan prep course. A waste of time & money. No doubt it is because they hire idiots like Matlock.

LSN

"Congrats - you'll be the feminine hygiene product non trad gunner who everyone hates" -
Lollypotter

FatUncle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »
He might be a shill for someone, but how in the world could you read his post and conclude it's Kaplan?  He calls their prices 'outrageous' and asserts that there is no decent test prep in the city (in other words, Kaplan doesn't constitute 'decent').  Some advert.  I think I'll sign up for Kaplan's program after that rousing endorsement. 

FatUncle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:36:02 PM »

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a fing duck!  DoH!

That's my point, dimwit.  It walks like a duck but it doesn't quack like one.  There is not a single positive thing said in his post about Kaplan.  There are several negative things said.  Is that some new form of advertising I haven't heard of?  Trash the company you're 'advertising' for?  If someone came on here and called Obama a muslim terrorist, would you start crying out that the person is a shill for Barack's campaign?  He could just as easily be a shill from some other company who wanted to start a thread bashing Kaplan.  That sounds a little more plausible than insulting a company in some backwards attempt to advertise its 'outrageously' expensive summer program.   

Mori

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »
Either way, the post appears deceptive given what the OP has posted in the past (attending NW in '06)

Oh....and I just love how it is assumed he/she is a guy  :-\ 
LSN

"Congrats - you'll be the feminine hygiene product non trad gunner who everyone hates" -
Lollypotter

Willy Beachum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:08 AM »

Oh....and I just love how it is assumed he/she is a guy  :-\ 

Yes, yes, yes, we should have assume he-- ahem, she-- is a girl. That would have been a much better assumption.

I say we assume he/she is a he-she in order to be more fair.
LSAT: October 2008
Practice Tests: 170, 165

LSN

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 09:40:17 AM »
estrogen beat testosterone every time.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed