Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SLU or IU-Indy Law?  (Read 2014 times)

lavonie85

• View Profile
    • Email
SLU or IU-Indy Law?
« on: June 28, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
Hi guys! I am torn right now between attending SLU or Indy. I love both cities (I currently live in Champaign, IL), but I just visited SLU and had second thoughts, as I was planning on attending there pending a decision from Cbicago-Kent (I am deferred right now... it is agonizing). I am also waiting on IU-Bloomington. However, I love IU-Indy's school, but I would be moving there without knowing ANYONE, as opposed to STL, where I would feel a bit more comfortable bc I have many friends who live there. I know I might just be being a big baby, and that I should not base my decision on the eesthetics of a school or if I have friends who live in either city. But is there any other big differences between SLU and Indy that I should know about before i make my final decision? I need to do it soon because I can't hold 2 seats at 2 schools... I'm giving myself until Monday or Tuesday.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SLU or IU-Indy Law?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 12:55:48 PM »
Two most important questions:

What's the price tag at each school? 

Which region do you want to end up? 

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 02:37:39 PM »
Indianapolis is a very accessible city, and you're bound to meet a range of very interesting students. The building in Indy is gorgeous, and they just finished a brand new student center. It would be a great option, and is bound to go up in the rankings.

no it's not.

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »
Contract2008 is asking you the right questions.  Pick the school that gives you the most money with the most amenable GPA restrictions in a city you can see yourself staying in.  If all things are equal, go with the school that gives you the most cash along with the best odds of keeping it.

Indy and SLU will not rise or fall in the rankings in any matter that will change the way employers look at it.  Any ranking outside of a certain ranking spread (some say T10, some T14, some T20) doesn't matter -- outside of those, it's just which school is best in the region you can see yourself in.  Not to put too fine a point on it, but rankings really don't matter for those schools.  They don't have any appreciable effect.
Michigan 2010.  Brr.