Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC  (Read 3273 times)

derby

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BC
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 03:08:12 PM »
how easy is it for you to transfer when you dont have a class rank or gpa?

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »
Difficult from what I've seen. The year I applied to transfer, a guy from Northeastern could not make it out because his written evals came late, most of the transfer schools had filled up many spots, AND schools strongly prefer to see a class rank / gpa.

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »
yesterday I went to visit the BC law school campus and I was very very disappointed...
the facilities are great but the campus is in the middle of nowhere and the main BC campus is too far....
I'm thinking about withdrawing my application, also considering that I already got into GW..

any thoughts?
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 02:30:34 PM »
yesterday I went to visit the BC law school campus and I was very very disappointed...
the facilities are great but the campus is in the middle of nowhere and the main BC campus is too far....
I'm thinking about withdrawing my application, also considering that I already got into GW..

any thoughts?

I think it depends what you're looking for. Law school is an isolated existence for the most part unless you're doing clinics or during your summers.  If you think you'll be unhappy based on location alone, and that will affect your performance, then I'd suggest going somewhere else.  If you think you just want to be in a city environment because you didn't have one growing up or in undergrad, I'd say to hold off since you'll get that when you start working any way.

I'd also mention that you're exaggerating the location of the school by a bit. It may not be public transit friendly, but I can get downtown on the Mass Pike in 10 minutes by car or express bus.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 03:21:51 PM »
Difficult from what I've seen. The year I applied to transfer, a guy from Northeastern could not make it out because his written evals came late, most of the transfer schools had filled up many spots, AND schools strongly prefer to see a class rank / gpa.

I actually have no idea.  I met with a Dean to get my evals out sooner rather than later, and she really was helpful.  I know another student who transferred out this year (to BC).  At the beginning of the summer, I met someone who had graduated from NUSL (c/o 2007), and he told me that it was impossible to transfer out (he had applied to transfer to BC/BU).  I've heard of one other student transferring to BC in the past.

I imagine that BC and BU are fairly familiar with NUSL's evaluation process and can look past it a bit more than other schools.

derby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »
the school I want my son to go to is the school for the deaf in framingham, so BC as a location is actually fairly good for me. But I agree with the above post that newton is really close to downtown.
Has anyone gotten in yet? and does anyone have a sense of whether it is all that competitive a process.

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »
Based on transferapps, it looks like a couple of people have started hearing from BC.  If you have been denied or accepted to BC, would you mind posting when your file was complete & how & when you received the decision?  Thanks!

derby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 04:29:13 PM »
rejected by mail 7/10, went complete 6/23, ugpa 3.53, lsat 158, law gpa 3.76 (3.53;4.0) class rank 4/185, T3; personal reason to relocate was deaf son.

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »
Ding ding ding (Top 10% at T3, in at better-ranked schools).  I guess it's really not a straight numbers/rankings game, in that some schools are less "transfer-friendly" than others.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 08:28:31 PM »
Ding ding ding (Top 10% at T3, in at better-ranked schools).  I guess it's really not a straight numbers/rankings game, in that some schools are less "transfer-friendly" than others.

NeverTrustKlingons - when did you receive your letter?  7/10 as well?  Thanks!  Also, sorry to hear about the ding - however, you said you were accepted into a better ranked school, so congrats!