Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC  (Read 3283 times)

leliz14

• View Profile
BC
« on: June 27, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
Has anyone heard from BC?  Were there a lot of people that applied?  There is very little mention of BC on any of the transfer blogs...

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BC
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 10:27:17 PM »
applied EA, deferred, still waiting...
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

ILoveCorpLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »
I applied there early action and was deferred. I sent in my spring grades 2 weeks ago, and the dean wrote me an e-mail explaining that they could not offer me admission because I was 3 credits short. I applied to the full time division. My stats were: LSAT 152 UGPA: 3.4  T4 law school, 3.9 top 1%

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 12:09:08 AM »
Thanks for the info -- does anyone who if there were a lot of EA applicants?  I had no idea BC had EA or I would have applied.

almostlegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:49:03 AM »
I spoke to them on Monday.  They had received my transcripts a week earlier, and said they would need two more weeks to make a decision.

I had been offered a spot elsewhere, so I'm withdrawing my application.

derby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:56:25 AM »
My app went complete last monday and mt rank went out on friday. I am not sure of my chances. I am at a T3, class rank 4/185 and I want to relocate b/c my son is deaf and I like the deaf school better in boston. My cum is 3.76 (first semester 3.53, second 4.0) lsat was 158 and ugpa 3.6.
I'd be interested to know what stats other people had that applied to BC. I also applied to neusl.

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 01:05:04 PM »
derby - see the info I posted on the GW thread about BC - my stats are 18/223 (8%), t4, senior editor of non-law review journal, law review grade on, merit scholarship, several international volunteer trips to work with people living w/HIV/AIDS, paralegal before law school.  i'm currently on the west coast, but fiance works primarily on the east coast, so i want to transfer to an east coast school.  app has been with bc since late may, early june (they rec'ved all docs around 6/5-10 i believe).  would love to go to BC as well, really really hoping for a yes!  Good luck to you, you seem like you have strong stats & a compelling reason for moving to boston.

leliz14

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 01:07:36 PM »
derby - see the info I posted on the GW thread about BC - my stats are 18/223 (8%), t4, senior editor of non-law review journal, law review grade on, merit scholarship, several international volunteer trips to work with people living w/HIV/AIDS, paralegal before law school.  i'm currently on the west coast, but fiance works primarily on the east coast, so i want to transfer to an east coast school.  app has been with bc since late may, early june (they rec'ved all docs around 6/5-10 i believe).  would love to go to BC as well, really really hoping for a yes!  Good luck to you, you seem like you have strong stats & a compelling reason for moving to boston.

Actually...BC didn't receive my grades until mid june, I believe, with an update as recently as last week.

derby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 01:55:54 PM »
I also applied to Northesatern and think I would probably be happier there, but BC would be good too.

derby

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »
why are you leaving nusl? I might feel obligated to pick BC over nusl, but I think nusl is way cooler school to go to.
that said, I have been assuming based on my stats I will get into it.