Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help! Temple Law School vs. U Cincinnati  (Read 1612 times)

MMP

• View Profile
Help! Temple Law School vs. U Cincinnati
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:45:12 PM »
I need to decide ASAP where to go!! Please help... ??? I am 26 and I am currently living in Florida.I have been accepted at Temple Law (Philly) and UCincinnati. Both schools have offered partial scholarships and the tuitions turn out to be almost the same. I have a family member that currently lives in Cincinnati and is about to start the 3rd year of law at UCincinnati, which means I could save on books and the living expense tends to be cheaper in Cincinnati. In Philly I don't have any family or anything, but it seems like more like a big city, which I like...Plus I am originally from South America so I would like to live in a diverse place.Is Philly diverse??

My ultimate goal is to practice in the north east, Washington D.C. I am told that Ucinci is a regional school (Ohio) and Temple is more of a local school (Philly) so in both cases in order to get a job in the D.C. area I would need to be top of my class, which is not easy.

Any comments or insights would be much appreciated.Thanks :)

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help! Temple Law School vs. U Cincinnati
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »
I need to decide ASAP where to go!! Please help... ??? I am 26 and I am currently living in Florida.I have been accepted at Temple Law (Philly) and UCincinnati. Both schools have offered partial scholarships and the tuitions turn out to be almost the same. I have a family member that currently lives in Cincinnati and is about to start the 3rd year of law at UCincinnati, which means I could save on books and the living expense tends to be cheaper in Cincinnati. In Philly I don't have any family or anything, but it seems like more like a big city, which I like...Plus I am originally from South America so I would like to live in a diverse place.Is Philly diverse??

My ultimate goal is to practice in the north east, Washington D.C. I am told that Ucinci is a regional school (Ohio) and Temple is more of a local school (Philly) so in both cases in order to get a job in the D.C. area I would need to be top of my class, which is not easy.

Any comments or insights would be much appreciated.Thanks :)

Temple gives you a better chance at DC than Cincinatti.  Philly's COL is not very high, compared to Boston/NY, although I'm sure Cincinatti's is lower.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Temple Law School vs. U Cincinnati
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 03:24:22 PM »
For DC you're probably much better off at Temple. That said, Cincinnati is a cheap place to live and the school places reasonably well there. I imagine it would be on you to do the networking/legwork to get a job in DC from either school.