Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Piercings on law students  (Read 2381 times)

Bouzie

• Sr. Citizen
  • yummy
    • View Profile
    • Buy This
Re: Piercings on law students
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
I've actually heard that the whole "blind graded" thing is not something you can count on. Professors can change your grade before it is officially recorded.

Not sure if that is true everywhere, but two professors at two different law schools have confirmed.

They almost never do...and certainly not because of a piercing.  Honestly, most profs are way too into themselves to notice you anyway.
1L

"I feel really bad for you. I mean, you don't know anything."

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »
Oh yeah, I certainly don't think something as trivial as that would be a concern. I just wanted to put out there that the idea that a professor will never be able to connect you and your exam is false.

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 03:02:16 AM »
I've actually heard that the whole "blind graded" thing is not something you can count on. Professors can change your grade before it is officially recorded.

Not sure if that is true everywhere, but two professors at two different law schools have confirmed.

Tea and Cake

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »
Oh yeah, I certainly don't think something as trivial as that would be a concern. I just wanted to put out there that the idea that a professor will never be able to connect you and your exam is false.

They can't connect you and your grade, but they can add or subtract points from a student's final score without knowing how they did on the final.  However, this would require the professor both knowing who you are, and not caring about the potential reprocussions of dinging a student solely because they have a facial piercing.  It would never happen.
UChi 2010 (still)