Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: QUESTION NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION  (Read 1747 times)

AshleyNicole

• View Profile
QUESTION NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
« on: June 25, 2008, 09:44:50 PM »
OK so I'm wondering what's up with the LSAC recalculating your gpa.  I know why they do it, but I have two F's on my transcript from 7 years ago from the first school I went to and this drops my 3.8 gpa down substantially.  I do, however, have a good reason why those semester grades were so bad (I dropped online, but never went through and family issues).  My first question is: should I submit a gpa addendum?  And, are you supposed to send in your final transcript after you get accepted?  I have one year left in undergrad and when I apply, my gpa will be a 3.8, but of course, they will recalculate.  I'm wondering if it's worth submitting my transcript again in Jan. when fall semester's grades are available to up my gpa they calculate. 

Any advice would be great...  Thanks!

bachlava

• View Profile
Re: QUESTION NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »
Admissions are rolling; its unlikely that one semester more will have a significant enough impact on your gpa to make it worth the disadvantage you'd get from applying so late or having an incomplete app until then.
Schroeder: georgetown, duke, michigan, chicago, nyu, harvard, columbia
Charlie Brown: penn, cornell
Pigpen: yale

PaleForce

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »
Admissions are rolling; its unlikely that one semester more will have a significant enough impact on your gpa to make it worth the disadvantage you'd get from applying so late or having an incomplete app until then.

Apply early with your transcript as it is- don't wait!  If you think it would help your chances to have an update of your transcript sent in January, do it!  It can't hurt- unless the grades are worse.  Just be aware that it may hold up some of your decisions because of extra processing time.  I had a similar situation with my LSAC GPA and I know how bad it sucks.  Good luck with your cycle!

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »
i understand how immediate this question is.  however, i have a little lint stuck under my pinkie toenail, so i'll have to get to that first.  then i also have to take a nap after all that work, but expect my response ASAP later.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »
Relevant thread titles FTW

Billy Mays here FOREVER!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »
YOU'LL GET IN EVERYWHERE YOU APPLY!!!!!!

AshleyNicole

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 05:41:19 PM »
The only reason why I said it needed immediate attention is because no one responds otherwise.  Thanks though; good luck with you lint man.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »
you not know that.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:54:13 PM »
yes.

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 10:17:03 AM »
The only reason why I said it needed immediate attention is because no one responds otherwise.  Thanks though; good luck with you lint man.

You're an idiot.  Everyone wants their topic to be responded to--that's why they're made in the first place.  Would you suggest that we all start posting inane thread titles regarding the (perceived) urgency of our topic rather than their content?  That way none of us will know which topic is which, rather we will only know whether it's RLY RLY IMPORTANTZ!!!