Law School Discussion

Prison a Good Place to Take Practice LSATs?

Kels

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Prison a Good Place to Take Practice LSATs?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
There is no PLACE you can go to mimic the real test environment. It's more of a mindset that you have to mimic, which is the only thing that is worth conquering. The mindset you have to be in when taking practice tests is the same mindset you see yourself being in when you go to take the real test. For most people its more or less 'OMG this is the real thing, I better not blow it. I hope I do as good as I can so that all those prep hours don't go to waste merely because my anxiety might get the best of me.' For some people they let these thoughts effect their performance while others can successfully block them out. So basically what I'm saying is that the most important thing to do when taking practice tests is try to convince yourself (take a few minutes to brainwash yourself) that the test you're about to take is the REAL thing and the score you get on THIS test is single handedly going to determine what school you can go to. Even if this isn't necessarily true if you practice conquering these thoughts and feelings you will be able to on test day as well.   

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 09:05:42 PM »
There is no PLACE you can go to mimic the real test environment.  

Good point. Mindset is key, I agree. But I think certain places are well-suited for evoking the test day mindset. Just try taking an LSAT sitting on your bed-- it's going ot be tough to convince yourself it's the real thing. If you can self-brainwash yourself to convince it's test day, that's awesome. Like double-stuffed Oreos awesome.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »

Get a proctor and tell him that if you don't score over 170, you'll give him $500.00 but if you do get over 170 he'll give you $200.00

That should simulate real testing conditions. 

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »
There is no PLACE you can go to mimic the real test environment.  

Good point. Mindset is key, I agree. But I think certain places are well-suited for evoking the test day mindset. Just try taking an LSAT sitting on your bed-- it's going ot be tough to convince yourself it's the real thing. If you can self-brainwash yourself to convince it's test day, that's awesome. Like double-stuffed Oreos awesome.

I didn't know that the awesomeness of double stuff oreos was replicable.