Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In Need of Resources for Writing Sample  (Read 358 times)

nowako21

• View Profile
In Need of Resources for Writing Sample
« on: June 23, 2008, 10:13:43 PM »
Hey guys,

Just finished my first year and am working on a piece (for big firm recruiting and possible law review topic) on the future of M&A and LBOs, and I want to discuss the increased use of lock-ups and reverse breakup fees.  Does anyone know of any good law review articles, journal articles, books, cases, etc. that I should look into for preliminary research?  Anything you can offer would be helpful.  Thank you in advance for your help.
Wall Street Player

gershonw

• View Profile
Re: In Need of Resources for Writing Sample
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »
if it could be determined that a certain personalty type was more ripe for the law or performance in law school-youd probably see more schools requiring admissions interviews.

look at successful lawyers.  they are not all similar. some a gerks. some are nice. some are really really bright-others just have specific strengths they take advantage of.  some are hard workers-some are lazy.  some are really obsessive about detail-some are better at making sure the whole package looks good.  some are really interested in the law-some do it becuase its the only thing they can succeed at.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: In Need of Resources for Writing Sample
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
Hey guys,

Just finished my first year and am working on a piece (for big firm recruiting and possible law review topic) on the future of M&A and LBOs, and I want to discuss the increased use of lock-ups and reverse breakup fees.  Does anyone know of any good law review articles, journal articles, books, cases, etc. that I should look into for preliminary research?  Anything you can offer would be helpful.  Thank you in advance for your help.

If you've just finished your first year, you have more than enough research skills to start this search on your own.  And if you don't, then now is a good time to learn.

HTH.