Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those in Law School: What sort of preson shouldn't be in law school?  (Read 2095 times)

john jacob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
this question is obviously directed towards people already in law school.

Looking at your class, for what sort of person is it obvious that law school is a mistake? There's the basic level of dedication and work, etc, but beyond that, some people are more naturally suited to law than others. What are those who are not suited, what are they like in person?

gershonw

• View Profile
if it could be determined that a certain personalty type was more ripe for the law or performance in law school-youd probably see more schools requiring admissions interviews.

look at successful lawyers.  they are not all similar. some are gerks. some are nice. some are really really bright-others just have specific strengths they take advantage of.  some are hard workers-some are lazy.  some are really obsessive about detail-some are better at making sure the whole package looks good.  some are really interested in the law-some do it becuase its the only thing they can succeed at.

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
People who are unwilling to work and expect things to be handed to them on a silver platter should not attend law school.

RickLax.com

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchoolBlogger.com
    • Email
this question is obviously directed towards people already in law school.

Looking at your class, for what sort of person is it obvious that law school is a mistake? There's the basic level of dedication and work, etc, but beyond that, some people are more naturally suited to law than others. What are those who are not suited, what are they like in person?

I don't mean to beg the question here, but I think law school is wrong for people who don't want to be lawyers.  I think.  I know more and more people are doing this--going to law school to not be lawyers...but it just seems like so much work to not become a lawyer at the end, you know?

-Ricky @ http://ricklax.com

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
People who want to be doctors should not go to law school.  I mean, they can, but only if they also intend to go to medical school.

bbhouston

• View Profile
Guys in my high school used to go to law school not wanting to be lawyers all the time; it was no big deal.

Advocate

• View Profile
Lazy people fail. That's it mostly. Everyone here is smart. So hard work becomes determinative.

Ballsgraf

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm lazy as poo.  I did almost no work.  Maybe I don't belong in law school. Like, I lost my scholarship and got a C- in LW.  But at my summer job, I've done quite well.  The motions and other documents I have drafted thus far have been submitted to court with only minor editing from the partners.  School sucks and I suck at being a law student, but being a lawyer isn't exactly like being a law student. 

StevePirates

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • JollyLawger
    • Email
I'm lazy as poo.  I did almost no work.  Maybe I don't belong in law school. Like, I lost my scholarship and got a C- in LW.  But at my summer job, I've done quite well.  The motions and other documents I have drafted thus far have been submitted to court with only minor editing from the partners.  School sucks and I suck at being a law student, but being a lawyer isn't exactly like being a law student. 

I also prefer actual work to school.  School can seem artificial and pointless to me.  Actual work does not.  Actual work matters in a very real way.  That being said, I enjoy my school.  I just don't like the tests.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
People who aren't careful and meticulous.  For example, those who misspell words in thread titles.
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD