Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?

7/2
 19 (27.5%)
Today! 7/3
 44 (63.8%)
7/4 - 7/7
 6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?  (Read 32414 times)

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2008, 12:53:45 PM »
What other board? I'm confused--earlier this morning everyone was saying that we won't be getting the scores until Monday because of the Iowa situation, and now all of a sudden people are hearing we could be getting them within a few hours??

In December, a number of states had their tests postponed due to a blizzard on the Plains - it didn't stop LSAC from releasing December 20th, a Thursday before a holiday weekend.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Gone

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goodbye All!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2008, 12:55:27 PM »
What other board? I'm confused--earlier this morning everyone was saying that we won't be getting the scores until Monday because of the Iowa situation, and now all of a sudden people are hearing we could be getting them within a few hours??

That's the magic of the update box. It trumps speculation.
Best of luck to everyone!

Blakkout

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2008, 01:20:28 PM »

Why are you confused?  Ultimately, NO ONE REALLY KNOWS YET WHEN SCORES ARE COMING OUT.

awall

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »
Just to let everyone know, I actually called LSAC and asked if it were possible that scores would be released prior to the 7th and Aletha (lady at LSAC) said half giggling, "oh sure, you definitely could check your email in the next day or so." So I asked her again to confirm that possibly within today or tomorrow I could starting checking and she said yes. She sounded like she'd been fielding the question all day. So, that's straight from the horse's mouth (no disrepect Aletha).

Nikoa21

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2008, 01:24:02 PM »
Thats great!

MauveAvenger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2008, 01:28:33 PM »
I live about 10 minutes away from Newtown (where LSAC is located) and I have seriously been thinking about doing some drive-bys just to calm myself down. Creepy? Yes. Completely unnecessary? Definitely. Does that make a difference? Probably not!

ohme_ohmy

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »
All I can say is...

I am so happy we found each other.

(You know, I mean fellow neurotics.)

It's almost OVER!!!

argo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2008, 01:42:51 PM »
Perhaps you should set your hopes lower than HYS - the LSAC had since the 16th to rush the other 39,900 scores.

Argo,

I'm not certain if you did not read my post properly, or if you are just particularly dense.

My reply was to the comment "...(2) If they test on 30 June and still get everyone's scores (including Iowa) out on 7/7, then why are waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week? "

The author of this comment appears to believe that since the LSAC seems to be able to score the June 30th examinees' tests and release them in one week, then everyones scores should be able to be prepared in a similarly expedient manner.

The author of the comment posed a question: "...why are [we] waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week? "

In response to this inquiry, I wrote: "Re: (2)  -   Just because LSAC can prepare 100 scores from one testing location in one week doesn't mean that they can prepare 40,000 scores from EVERY testing center in one week."

Why does it take them 3 weeks and not 1 week? Because of the sheer quantity of exams.

I hope you didn't have this difficult of a time understanding arguments on the LSAT.

I don't know if you have problem with logic or just suffer from some extra pompousity.  The author's initial point was not about LSAC releasing ALL the scores in a week.  His reference to Iowa as a strengthener in his argument that they SHOULD be able to release them EARLIER considering the fact that the Iowa scores can be produced in one week.  Your comment, while not entirely illogical, is f-ing irrelevant, and therefore wrong.
--
"And that is what is so great about the Internet. It enables pompous blowhards to connect with other pompous blowhards in a vast circle-jerk of pomposity."

-Bill Maher

HYSHopeful

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LawSchooli.com
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 01:49:46 PM »
Perhaps you should set your hopes lower than HYS - the LSAC had since the 16th to rush the other 39,900 scores.

Argo,

I'm not certain if you did not read my post properly, or if you are just particularly dense.

My reply was to the comment "...(2) If they test on 30 June and still get everyone's scores (including Iowa) out on 7/7, then why are waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week? "

The author of this comment appears to believe that since the LSAC seems to be able to score the June 30th examinees' tests and release them in one week, then everyones scores should be able to be prepared in a similarly expedient manner.

The author of the comment posed a question: "...why are [we] waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week? "

In response to this inquiry, I wrote: "Re: (2)  -   Just because LSAC can prepare 100 scores from one testing location in one week doesn't mean that they can prepare 40,000 scores from EVERY testing center in one week."

Why does it take them 3 weeks and not 1 week? Because of the sheer quantity of exams.

I hope you didn't have this difficult of a time understanding arguments on the LSAT.

I don't know if you have problem with logic or just suffer from some extra pompousity.  The author's initial point was not about LSAC releasing ALL the scores in a week.  His reference to Iowa as a strengthener in his argument that they SHOULD be able to release them EARLIER considering the fact that the Iowa scores can be produced in one week.  Your comment, while not entirely illogical, is f-ing irrelevant, and therefore wrong.

My post was a direct and relevant response to the question: "...why are [we] waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week?"

I'm sorry that you are struggling to comprehend that.

Also, "pompousity" is not a word. (See: Pomposity)

Your Intellectual Superior,
HYSHopeful

argo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 01:51:52 PM »

Argo,

My post was a direct and relevant response to the question: "...why are [we] waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week?"

I'm sorry that you are struggling to comprehend that.

Also, "pompousity" is not a word. (See: Pomposity)

Your Intellectual Superior,
HYSHopeful

You're a feminine hygiene product. 
--
"And that is what is so great about the Internet. It enables pompous blowhards to connect with other pompous blowhards in a vast circle-jerk of pomposity."

-Bill Maher