Law School Discussion

Poll

When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?

7/2
19 (27.5%)
Today! 7/3
44 (63.8%)
7/4 - 7/7
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 69

When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?

TimMitchell

Re: When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 06:54:15 PM »
Looks like the LSAT was rescheduled for some testing centers because of the recent floods in the midwest.

Per the University of Iowa website:
"LSAT Rescheduled. The LSAT administration scheduled for June 16 in the Boyd Law Building has been rescheduled for Monday, June 30th. The Law School Admissions Council will contact those registered for that session about alternative arrangements. For driving directions to the law building and information on parking, see http://www.law.uiowa.edu/prospective/driving.php. Please allow extra time because of interruptions in normal traffic patterns caused by recent flooding."

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache:O2ZrDisCMSYJ:www.law.uiowa.edu/+LSAT+iowa+%22June+30%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=safari

Because LSAC must allow six days for test takers to cancel their scores, does this mean that the we will not receive our scores until Sunday?!?!?!?!?!

If so, this will be the worst thing since unsliced bread.

Fu-ck you, Iowa. We can do just fine with 49 States, why not do the honorable thing and secede.

@#!* you, Iowa
maybe treat it like the Balkans or Cyprus?

I'm going to treat it like that guy at the party no one likes and everyone is slightly annoyed by. When Iowa walks up and tries to join the conversation I'll just pretend I didn't hear him and continue on talking as if he wasn't there. Me, Texas and Maryland sometimes leave flaming bags of s-hit on Iowa's doorstep, ring the doorbell and run.
Are you saying your score is released? I went to LSAC and there is some funkiness going on on my account status page. The border test information is now dotted... I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that before.

I think he was assigning a scaled score to your response. As in, your previous post earned 178/180. We are thoroughly amused.

Here's hoping I misunderstood and the scores are ready for you guys, though...  8)
Oh, I get it now

AF_NCO_27

• Honor, Courage, Faith, Patriotism
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »
if it works like the last time I took the LSAT, the update box will fill in with the 7/7/08 on the day the scores are released (even if it's 7/3, the update box will still fill in with 7/7/08, and the e-mail date will change from 7/7/08 to the day that the scores are actually mailed)

I was holding out hope that the LSAC leaders would give their employees a 4 day holiday and we'd get our scores tomorrow, but apparently someone from the TLS board called them and they said they will be at work Thursday. Darn.

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »
Yo , I just read these posts about Iowa.. so what's the deal?  no early score reporting??  if that's the case-- @#!* iowa.

AF_NCO_27

• Honor, Courage, Faith, Patriotism
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2008, 07:19:59 PM »
Yo , I just read these posts about Iowa.. so what's the deal?  no early score reporting??  if that's the case-- @#!* iowa.

I doubt the Iowa make-up date will have an effect on us because (1) they probably took a different test and (2) If they test on 30 June and still get everyone's scores (including Iowa) out on 7/7, then why are waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week?

If anyone took the test at Iowa, can they confirm they have the same LSAC anticipated release date (7/7) or was that changed?

luckygehrig

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
I really don't think that Iowa will have an impact on our score release. There were questions and answers posted all over the place. No way you can have a standardized test with leaked questions.

TimMitchell

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 06:46:07 AM »
I really don't think that Iowa will have an impact on our score release. There were questions and answers posted all over the place. No way you can have a standardized test with leaked questions.

Yeah I didn't consider this. They must have given them a different test.

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2008, 06:52:44 AM »
Damn. I'm losing all hope of getting my score back prior to July 7th.

It definitely seems like they scheduled the Iowa make-up exam on June 30th to give the test takers 6 days to cancel their score prior to releasing them on the 7th.

I was REALLY hoping for a nice relaxing holiday weekend... but I have some pretty serious doubts now...

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2008, 06:56:39 AM »

Yeah I didn't consider this. They must have given them a different test.

Regardless of what test they took, I have a feeling that they will wait until ALL scores are ready prior to releasing them.

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 07:00:54 AM »

I doubt the Iowa make-up date will have an effect on us because (1) they probably took a different test and (2) If they test on 30 June and still get everyone's scores (including Iowa) out on 7/7, then why are waiting almost 3 weeks when it appears LSAC can rush and get it done in about 1 week?

If anyone took the test at Iowa, can they confirm they have the same LSAC anticipated release date (7/7) or was that changed?

Re: (2)  -   Just because LSAC can prepare 100 scores from one testing location in one week doesn't mean that they can prepare 40,000 scores from EVERY testing center in one week.

argo

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2008, 07:07:04 AM »

Re: (2)  -   Just because LSAC can prepare 100 scores from one testing location in one week doesn't mean that they can prepare 40,000 scores from EVERY testing center in one week.

Perhaps you should set your hopes lower than HYS - the LSAC had since the 16th to rush the other 39,900 scores.  Danger is right, @#!* Iowa, if they delay our scores.