Law School Discussion

Poll

When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?

7/2
19 (27.5%)
Today! 7/3
44 (63.8%)
7/4 - 7/7
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 69

« on: June 23, 2008, 07:20:32 PM »
Of course, the official release date is July 7th...

But, I'm going to go ahead and guess that they will release scores early on July 3rd and let us relax and celebrate (or drink away our sorrows) over the holiday weekend.

What is everyone else guessing?

Vote!

bt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: When Do You Expect June LSAT Scores To Be Released?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:04:06 PM »
July 6th at 6:66 PM.

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 09:24:35 PM »
does LSAC made it an occasional habit to release data early? i assumed they do everything exactly down to specific rules and regulations, being the LSAC and all.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 09:38:45 PM »
since for both of my previous tests they have released the scores early, i'm guessing it'll be an early release for this one as well.

econtutorNV

• Watch your ankles
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:48 PM »
since for both of my previous tests they have released the scores early, i'm guessing it'll be an early release for this one as well.

Do you remember how early?

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 11:53:08 PM »
For the September 2007 test, I took the test on 9/29, which was a Saturday.   LSAC said that scores would come out on 10/22, which was the Monday 3 weeks+2 days after we took the test. Scores were actually emailed on 10/19, on a Friday.* 

So considering the holiday weekend, I think 7/3 is a reasonable bet.

*I didn't actually get a score, but they email the score cancellation confirmations at the same time as the scores.  "Your September 29, 2007 LSAT score is cancelled."  Thanks, LSAC!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 01:11:51 AM »
Someone posted this earlier but here is when last december came out. (It had the same holiday conflict and was released early as well.)

http://mommyandlawschool.blogspot.com/2007/12/december-1-2007-lsat-scores-in-early.html

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 01:51:07 AM »
From what I've heard, scores generally do come in before the published release date. LSAC does this on purpose. For example, in case something goes wrong with scoring LSAC will have time to fix it. They also don't want to be flooded with calls. And so on.

Too bad I didn't take the June test.

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 07:55:28 AM »
If I did well I hope they release it on the third so I can have a very happy 21st bday over the weekend. If I bombed it I hope they don't release it until the 7th so it doesn't ruin my birthday (and I don't drink myself to death).

That would be a great 21st birthday gift.

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 08:03:17 AM »
Someone posted this earlier but here is when last december came out. (It had the same holiday conflict and was released early as well.)

http://mommyandlawschool.blogspot.com/2007/12/december-1-2007-lsat-scores-in-early.html

Wow, 12 days early... I would LOVE that.

That would mean we would get our scores back any day now. Sadly, I think the soonest we can hope for is July 3rd.

From reading other threads, it seems as though they have a habit of posting the Friday prior to the official release date. Of course, "July 4, 2008 LSAC Offices Closed for Independence Day." Therefore, July 3rd seems to be the most reasonable guess.

If I scored above 176 I am buying a ticket to Vegas to spend the extended weekend there. Anyone else have any celebratory plans?