Law School Discussion

Your Top Five

Re: Your Top Five
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 02:34:44 PM »
LucasHumble,

I understand completely on the geographic considerations.  I just don't feel that moving halfway across the country is worth it.  I just took the June LSAT as well, and I am realistically hoping for somewhere in the 158-160 range.  It's cool that you go to WKU, because I am actually a student at Eastern Kentucky University.  Anyway, here is my top 5:

1. University of Kentucky - Great location, reputation, and easily the best school of the 3 in the state.

2. University of Cincinnati - I hear some great things about UC, except that the out-of-state tuition is $30,000+ and its not in the best part of town.  But I would consider if I could get some $$$.

3. Northern Kentucky University - Probably my realistic school if I am to be in the Cincinnati metropolitan area.  Tuition is so cheap, and they give out full tuition scholarships for a 155 LSAT and 3.0 GPA.  Its actually got a really good reputation in the area, but certainly not compared to UK.

4. University of Louisville - Although this school is supposedly ranked higher than NKU, they really do a terrible job of marketing.  They never have once responsded to my e-mails and don't seem to care if I apply or not.  But I am willing to keep an open mind at this point.

5. University of Tennessee - I think living in Knoxville would be a good change of pace, but again, the out-of-state tuition is around $30,000.  Still, a really good public school.

Safety: Southern Illinois (In-State Tuition after 6 months!)

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 02:55:57 PM »
Completely depending on the LSAT (took the June test), I am hoping for something like 170 or a bit more

Undergrad: McGill University (Top 2 Canadian University)

1) Harvard - always been my dream school, also very good fin aid opportunities for intl. students

2) Stanford - would be nice to be close to my brother's place (free food and laundry over the weekend :P )

3) Columbia - awesome school in awesome city  with awesome placement

4) NYU - same as Columbia

5) Virginia - just love the area :)

Top Cat

• Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »
Kinda lame that you go to EKU, Eastern- haha, just joking... I know so many people that go to Eastern, and I really think the two schools run parallel to each other in a lot of ways (Eastern and Western I mean).

Hopefully we will both reach our goals (I am hoping for upper-160s) and we may end up being in the same class at UK.

bt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
Undergrad: Wesleyan University

Top 5:

1) NYU - Perfect location, great education with a reputed laid back atmosphere.

2) Harvard - Boston, #1 name brand out there, good FA, nice sized law school (I don't want a smaller class)

3) Columbia - NYC, but farther from the city so loses to NYU, excellent rep and placement, beautiful university but ugly law school  ???

4) Berkeley - Cali, beautiful school, somewhere I've never been.

5) Chicago - City seems great, excellent education/rep, housing

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »

Top 5:

2) Harvard - Boston, #1 name brand out there, good FA, nice sized law school (I don't want a smaller class)

3) Columbia - NYC, but farther from the city so loses to NYU, excellent rep and placement, beautiful university but ugly law school  ???

4) Berkeley - Cali, beautiful school (?!@#?!@#), somewhere I've never been.

You've obviously never been to Boalt Hall.   :-\

:runs away before Goaliechica shows up::

::beats up Wally::

::corrects his constant, incorrect HYSCCN trolling::

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 11:03:00 PM »

Top 5:

4) Berkeley - Cali, beautiful school (?!@#?!@#), somewhere I've never been.

You've obviously never been to Boalt Hall.   :-\

:runs away before Goaliechica shows up::

::beats up Wally::

::corrects his constant, incorrect HYSCCN trolling::

Unsubtle CNBC trolling.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 12:28:42 AM »
1) Boalt
2) Boalt
3) Boalt
4) Boalt
5) Michigan, Cornell, Georgetown, Penn...

ETA: my numbers are below these schools (though I did retake it last week), but I have some respectable softs (URM, work experience, grad work and pubs.)  Hoping to charm my way in.  My interest is solely Federal Indian Law/Constitutional Law, and not too many programs offer such.

meggo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »
schpat - I also go to a Canadian university. A couple of my good friends went to McGill and really enjoyed it but it was not the place for me. I love how Canadians on this board have to qualify the rank of their school, though I'd say McGill and U of T are pretty well known outside of Canada.

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 07:22:09 AM »

Top 5:

4) Berkeley - Cali, beautiful school, somewhere I've never been.

How is a school in the city far from the city?

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »

Probably in the same way I say I'm going to "the city" when I go into Manhattan from Queens (but in an even more extreme way)

I hear that used all the time, even though all 5 boroughs are technically the city. But Columbia is in Manhattan for the love. That's just ridiculous.