Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Succesful Boalt/Berkeley Transfer From East Coast 3rd Tier taking Q's  (Read 6357 times)

misslaw

• View Profile
Re: Succesful Boalt/Berkeley Transfer From East Coast 3rd Tier taking Q's
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 10:20:23 PM »
When you say succesful transfer, do you mean that you have already transferred and completed your second or second and third years?

If the later, do you know if it is too late to try out for the Califonia Law Review and what the implications of transferring are on the OCI process?
angel

Tiny Sedan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »
Out of curiosity, did you get any sort of correspondence before you got accepted... seems weird that I have heard nothing from them at all about receiving my app, but they requested a LSDAS report so I know it didn't get lost or something...

mike4488

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 01:20:55 AM »
First off, Congratulations.  That is great to hear.

I was curious as to when you went complete and if they notified you by email or what not when your application was complete?  Thanks and best of luck with the move..
Boalt Hall '10

ILoveItWhenYouHateUs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »

I was curious as to when you went complete and if they notified you by email or what not when your application was complete?  Thanks and best of luck with the move..
I do not know when I went complete.  The only notification I got was a phone call followed by an email offering me admission.  Good luck!

mike4488

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »

I do not know when I went complete.  The only notification I got was a phone call followed by an email offering me admission.  Good luck!

Thanks I was accepted on Friday myself.  Have you gotten the packet of information yet?
Boalt Hall '10

Pauly680

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 10:24:50 AM »
First off Congrats !!

As a fellow T3 student ( ill be a 1L in the fall ) , I just want to ask you what you did to get yourself in that top 3 % ? Any special study tips you could pass down ?

Was there any part of the transfer process you found to be particularly hard or time consuming ?

Thanks and Congrats again !!

OldCraig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 12:42:17 PM »
"Study tips"... heh.  :-*

ILoveItWhenYouHateUs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »
First off Congrats !!

As a fellow T3 student ( ill be a 1L in the fall ) , I just want to ask you what you did to get yourself in that top 3 % ? Any special study tips you could pass down ?

Was there any part of the transfer process you found to be particularly hard or time consuming ?

Thanks and Congrats again !!
No, nothing special. Just keep up with your reading. Learn how to write an exam that flows. "Getting to Maybe" is a very good book on this.

sheriff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 04:37:05 PM »
brief brief brief brief. Even if you think you remember, BRIEF!
The George Washington University Class of 2010.

ILoveItWhenYouHateUs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »

Thanks I was accepted on Friday myself.  Have you gotten the packet of information yet?

Sorry it took so long to write back.  Congratulations!  I went and visited the Bay Area for the past week or so and picked up the packet in person.  The whole area is ridiculously awesome.  So rich in political history, as well.  I didn't want to leave.  I can't wait til I permanently move there, but I had no luck finding a place to rent yet.